Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Corruption in College Basketball

5 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Investigations usually happen after crimes have been committed. lol

Not the ones that successfully produce convictions for corrupt payments. 

Those successful cases use historical evidence to predicate, and then record contemporaneously.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

Not the ones that successfully produce convictions for corrupt payments. 

Those use historical evidence to predicate, and then record contemporaneously.

Exactly how would you get wiretaps from 2014 if the investigation hadn't started yet. Or having people wear wires. 

Anyone concerned about our obvious connections to Arizona? Emanuel Richardson coached with Sean for a decade and was an assistant with CAM for two seasons. It's almost concerning how quickly we got in with Romeo and Garland now. There's no evidence of any wrong doing but we should let this play out more before we get excited about anything.

Sent from my SM-G935V using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, IU Hambone said:

Anyone concerned about our obvious connections to Arizona? Emanuel Richardson coached with Sean for a decade and was an assistant with CAM for two seasons. It's almost concerning how quickly we got in with Romeo and Garland now. There's no evidence of any wrong doing but we should let this play out more before we get excited about anything.

So maybe you should let it play about before needlessly speculating like this? Take your own advice. I don't see how it is shocking that a good coach got in quickly with two kids from the state that he now coaches in.

4 minutes ago, IU Hambone said:

We have been "in" with both for multiple years now, regardless of whether or not you believe Crean could land either. CAM is the exciting and promising new coach that took us from being an offer at a big time program with family/in-state ties to a program with a shot at being something special. I think the guy is clean cut, otherwise I doubt Fred would have hired him.

So maybe you should let it play about before needlessly speculating like this? Take your own advice. I don't see how it is shocking that a good coach got in quickly with two kids from the state that he now coaches in.

There's a lot of finger pointing in this thread at more successful programs. I think it's fair to point out an obvious correlation between one of those programs and our own.

2 minutes ago, IU Hambone said:

There's a lot of finger pointing in this thread at more successful programs. I think it's fair to point out an obvious correlation between one of those programs and our own.

Yeah - but nobody was playing players to go to Dayton. I think we can be pretty sure of that and it should end any worries about Archie.

I always thought Miami was overachieving on the recruiting end.

How about Kansas with Bill Self getting them year after year.
What about Swanigan with the last minute switch to Purdue? 

Baylor a few years back and maybe still, cheating their like crazy.

UNLV before recent coach change cheating like crazy. (Goodluck)

Arizona State tries to cheat, still doesn't land anyone worthwhile.

USC recently.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

We were already recruiting those two players before CAM got here.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Lmao I feel like I'm in a room of 100 potheads 10 just got busted. The other 90 are paranoid the 10 are going to snitch on them. emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Quick, someone warn @johnsoniu!