Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Yogi'sBicep

Workouts

Returned to Btown in January and started eating a lot healthier. Started lifting, bands, since the start of spring break (about a month) and walking a few miles daily. I’m unable to run because of a horrible back. I’ve noticed a huge difference. Shorts/pants fall off. I’ve lost 25 pounds since January. Have about 10 more to reach ideal weight.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

My wife and I joined a cycling studio over the winter. I somehow convinced the place to let me bring one of their bikes home and continue charging our monthly fee when they had to shut down. Peloton offers a 90 day free trial for their digital subscription. It’s worked out pretty well. Of course we also have to keep a 2 year old and 4 year old home with us while both still working full time, so a nice jog outside, away from the house, no matter the weather is always an option. 

3 hours ago, Napleshoosier said:

Do salmon spread this virus? emoji23.png

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Will get to find this out next month when the KING SALMON start running. yep, Alaska is letting all of us fish and hunt. Suck it lower-48ers. your leadership is keeping you locked up and I'm running free! 

On 4/15/2020 at 9:16 PM, HoosierAloha said:

Returned to Btown in January and started eating a lot healthier. Started lifting, bands, since the start of spring break (about a month) and walking a few miles daily. I’m unable to run because of a horrible back. I’ve noticed a huge difference. Shorts/pants fall off. I’ve lost 25 pounds since January. Have about 10 more to reach ideal weight.

And just like that a "no workout for a minimum of two weeks" just got ***** slapped across my face.  I might end up going crazy due to this ******* virus and my con complying @$$ stupid ******* body!

Will get to find this out next month when the KING SALMON start running. yep, Alaska is letting all of us fish and hunt. Suck it lower-48ers. your leadership is keeping you locked up and I'm running free! 

Not so fast, my friend! I have been fishing here and there and I leave for turkey camp in Switzerland County Thursday afternoon. I do admit, however, that bluegill on a small pond doesn’t really compare to King Salmon on a spawning run. I’ll take what I can get though....

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

We gonna open this be itch up soon bro! Save some salmon for me. When I can get outa here I’m gonna head for the Kenai area for some Reds!

F

5 hours ago, RatpigHoosier said:

Not so fast, my friend! I have been fishing here and there and I leave for turkey camp in Switzerland County Thursday afternoon. I do admit, however, that bluegill on a small pond doesn’t really compare to King Salmon on a spawning run. I’ll take what I can get though....

21 hours ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

We gonna open this be itch up soon bro! Save some salmon for me. When I can get outa here I’m gonna head for the Kenai area for some Reds!

Fishing is not exercise (neither is golf).

Get your sorry, flabby, girly-man a$$es on a basketball court for crying out loud.

Yeesh.     ;)

edit - got a sad face emoji from Alaska. Now I feel bad, so ... if you fish by swimming around the lake til you can grab one of dem salmon, that would definitely be exercise!

Better?

33 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

F

Fishing is not exercise (neither is golf).

Get your sorry, flabby, girly-man a$$es on a basketball court for crying out loud.

Yeesh.     ;)

Can’t speak for our brothers above, but if I put my sorry, flabby, girly-man a$$ on a basketball court these days the resulting heart attack would register on the Richter Scale.

you planning on coming up here this summer? We need to link up! i love the red run on the Klutina. The Kenai (Russian) is too many people for my liking. Have you tried the Klutina? it's more of a hidden gem on the Eastern side but the Reds are pretty thick there. Most Anchoragetrash people head to the Kenai and Russian so the Klutina is real Alaskan. Come on up! seriously, lets link up

Can’t speak for our brothers above, but if I put my sorry, flabby, girly-man a$$ on a basketball court these days the resulting heart attack would register on the Richter Scale.

Man, I have done nothing for weeks with everything. Gave me an excuse to be lazy and I am paying for it. I would sound like a 30 year smoker who hit a Studenglass right before I stepped on the court. Time to make these knees make unnatural sounds again.

3 hours ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

you planning on coming up here this summer? We need to link up! i love the red run on the Klutina. The Kenai (Russian) is too many people for my liking. Have you tried the Klutina? it's more of a hidden gem on the Eastern side but the Reds are pretty thick there. Most Anchoragetrash people head to the Kenai and Russian so the Klutina is real Alaskan. Come on up! seriously, lets link up

A Naples/Alaska fishing duo isn’t what this board deserves...it’s what it needs. 

As soon as we can get out safely yes. Do I pick up a problem with Anchorage folks? Lol. You ever been to the Bush Company in Anchorage? Been known to toss a few back in that joint. Not for many years though.

I'm training to go to army basic, then airborne and Ranger Assessment afterwards

Hooaahh youngster! You can’t train enough before hand but try not to beat yourself up even before basic as you’ll need your mental and physical reserves to perform under harsh conditions as you progress to Phase I of the “Q” course.

On 4/22/2020 at 5:33 AM, Napleshoosier said:

As soon as we can get out safely yes. Do I pick up a problem with Anchorage folks? Lol. You ever been to the Bush Company in Anchorage? Been known to toss a few back in that joint. Not for many years though.

OH MY GOD! ABC club. i have paid their rent before. Yes, let's get together when you get up here. And yes... the people from North Seattle (Anchortrash) are not Alaskans. We have been trying to get that "city" to secede from the Great State for some time. Canada won't even take them. But, they do have stores and such down there. I get excited about shopping sometimes, i must admit.

Pm you contact info and we can start piecing together the mission. Like i said, I'm heading down to Kenai for Kings in about 3 weeks. After that, it's every salmon run at various water sources throughout the state. Will fill you in on the specifics and offer any advice on where/when/how.

Hooaahh youngster! You can’t train enough before hand but try not to beat yourself up even before basic as you’ll need your mental and physical reserves to perform under harsh conditions as you progress to Phase I of the “Q” course.

Haha thanks man I appreciate it. I’m already out of the Army and a Freshman at IU now though!