Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2019) Center - Aidan Igiehon

More

Louisville Head Coach Chris Mack & assistant coach Luke Murray will have an in-home visit with 2019 Big Man Aidan Igiehon from Team Rio (NJ)/Lawrence Woodmere (NY) tomorrow.

0 replies6 retweets24 likes

Retweet

1.  Aidan Harris Igiehon Retweeted

Aidan Igiehon, a class of 2019 Big Man playing for Team Rio (NJ), will have in-home visits with with USC on Friday, St. John's on Monday & Stanford next Wednesday. (1st @AdamZagoria)

1 reply7 retweets25 likes

More Repl    Ret Aidan Harris Igiehon RetweeteuP-VzTWE_bigger.jpg&key=bb9da4d2c15769e3fa2f3ad615024306f91dc73a5336fceae8589ca6087d3286Pat Lawless‏ @PatLawless_ 13h13 hours ago More

Louisville Head Coach Chris Mack & assistant coach Luke Murray will have an in-home visit with 2019 Big Man Aidan Igiehon from Team Rio (NJ)/Lawrence Woodmere (NY) tomorrow.

0 replies6 retweets24 likes Reply     Retweet  6     Like  24
  1.  Aidan Harris Igiehon Retweeted uP-VzTWE_bigger.jpg&key=bb9da4d2c15769e3fa2f3ad615024306f91dc73a5336fceae8589ca6087d3286Pat Lawless‏ @PatLawless_ Apr 12 More

Aidan Igiehon, a class of 2019 Big Man playing for Team Rio (NJ), will have in-home visits with with USC on Friday, St. John's on Monday & Stanford next Wednesday. (1st @AdamZagoria)

Get the impression he will be attending “Not IU.”

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

57 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

More

0 replies6 retweets24 likes

Retweet

1.  Aidan Harris Igiehon Retweeted

Interesting AAU switch.  Team Rio is on the Under Armour circuit and last year he played on the Nike circuit.

Jerry Meyer - 2019 6-10 Aidan Igiehon was a force to be reckoned with during the opening night of the Under Armour Assosiation. An imposing physical presence with plenty of mobility and athleticism, Igiehon scored 18 points (several on impressive back to the basket post moves), grabbed 12 rebounds and blocked three shots in a Team Rio win over Washington Supreme. Currently ranked No. 39 in the 247Sports Composite, Igiehon looked every bit the part of that ranking if not better.

ZAGSBLOG

By SEAN BOCK

Aidan Igiehon, the 6-foot-10 big man from Lawrence Woodmere (NY) and the Team Rio (NJ) AAU program, is one of the most sought-after centers in the 2019 class and played well this weekend at session one of the Under Armour Association in Dallas.

Igiehon said four schools are working for him the hardest are Stanford, Oregon, USC, and Louisville. He broke down each for Prep Circuit.

Stanford: “Their whole pitch has been life after basketball. I would not only be able to play in the Pac-12, but build lifelong friends and network there. That’s very good because I’m big on academics and I want to think life after basketball.”

Oregon: “Oregon has basically been saying that they play my style of basketball. They run hard, rebound hard and dunk everything. It’s the Pac-12 so it’s a very fast basketball, which I think suits my style of play.

”USC: “What I like about USC is that they develop players. Chimezie Metu came in and had a lot of work to do, but they helped develop him into an elite player. Development is a big thing for me.”

Louisville: “Coach Chris Mack and Luke Murray were recruiting me when they were at Xavier. Now that they are at Louisville they are on a bigger stage and bigger conference. Coach Mack is great at what he does. He help make Xavier last year a top ten team in the country. It’s very exciting what he can do for me at Louisville.”

Igiehon hosted Pittsburgh, UConn, Stanford, Louisville, USC, St. John’s, and Oregon for in-home visits the last couple weeks. As for cutting a list, Igiehon seems to be in no rush and wants to focus on the AAU season.“I’m going to wait and focus on AAU stuff for a little bit,” said Igiehon. “I’m probably trying to cut it to a top ten, but I’m waiting to see if a couple of schools will offer and then I’ll go from there.”

According to 247Sports, Igiehon is the No. 39 player in the 2019 class and the No. 12 center.

I wouldn’t count us out. In the video right after he talks about his interaction with VO it shows him leaning on a small grey car on the street. That car has indiana tags on it. It’s a subliminal verification that he is indeed going to attend IU. You heard it here first, folks!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

New article on 247 says after completing the second session of games on Wednesday at the NBPA Top 100 Camp, Igiehon discussed his interest in Louisville, Oregon, Stanford, UConn, St. Johns, Kentucky, Duke, Indiana, and Florida. 

Another recent article by Jody Demling gives mention of Louisville, Oregon, Stanford and UConn as the "hot" schools and Igiehon says he is looking at cutting his list to eight schools, but isn't sure when that would happen.