Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

thebigweave

Online college basketball simulation

1 hour ago, Dalton26 said:

L31 - Better season than I expected. 10-6 and won my half of the league. Hopefully I can win the conference tournament and make the dance.

L34 - 5-2 but two of the losses came in conference games. Boot and I have continued our back and forth of close games. My team is playing well above where we should be but I'll take it.

L37 - My team should be better than last year but I'm not expecting much. Hopefully I can get some improvement from my young guys and be ready to roll next season.

You've been my Kryptonite till this last game in L34

1 hour ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

You've been my Kryptonite till this last game in L34

They've all been 1 or 2 possession games though. Man our conference is pretty solid, whoever wins it will definitely have earned it.

L31-New Orleans is 16-1 and really playing well but against a terrible SOS. Fully expecting to get plastered in the NTT. 2 underwhelming seasons of recruiting results have us positioned for declining results in the near future.

34-The Freaks have been on fire the past couple seasons. Sitting 8-0 and ranked around 10. Something isn’t quite right about this group though. We often barely beat bad teams. Not a great shooting squad.

L37-I got gifted Lucas White and he almost single handedly won us the inaugural L37 NTT. Pretty good first recruiting class has us excited about maybe being able to build a blue blood.

So 2 programs on the rise and maybe 1 in decline.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I’ve lost a little bit of motivation, probably due to summer time and not having as much time, and probably due to outside of my test league team, I don’t have any good teams.

L31- I won 2 games total and remain +18.  I have 3 recruits I’m tied on in the top 75. I do have one decent clear lead but no one plays basketball in Ft Myers apparently.

L34- thought I had a decent team in Orlando with +10 pg, +8 sf.  Was 3-0 in conference and just tonight my son’s team who isn’t good and I beat by 30 in exhibition just beat me.  

L37- didn’t spend enough time recruiting and it showed in getting a class around 100.  I don’t expect to be much different than .500 again in Bloomington.

test - honestly if not for this league I’d probably not be involved.  I enjoy the quick pace, the daily games, but it is tough to keep up on recruiting.  Had a bad year with some bad apples and a bad year with some bad ranking and my team quickly went from being a perennial powerhouse (was the #1 team over last 5 years 2 seasons ago, then #2, now #7) to missing the NTT.  Bad apples graduated and now it looks like I’ll be back in the NTT but 2nd round exit is likely as we aren’t good enough yet.

I’ve lost a little bit of motivation, probably due to summer time and not having as much time, and probably due to outside of my test league team, I don’t have any good teams.

L31- I won 2 games total and remain +18.  I have 3 recruits I’m tied on in the top 75. I do have one decent clear lead but no one plays basketball in Ft Myers apparently.
L34- thought I had a decent team in Orlando with +10 pg, +8 sf.  Was 3-0 in conference and just tonight my son’s team who isn’t good and I beat by 30 in exhibition just beat me.  
L37- didn’t spend enough time recruiting and it showed in getting a class around 100.  I don’t expect to be much different than .500 again in Bloomington.

test - honestly if not for this league I’d probably not be involved.  I enjoy the quick pace, the daily games, but it is tough to keep up on recruiting.  Had a bad year with some bad apples and a bad year with some bad ranking and my team quickly went from being a perennial powerhouse (was the #1 team over last 5 years 2 seasons ago, then #2, now #7) to missing the NTT.  Bad apples graduated and now it looks like I’ll be back in the NTT but 2nd round exit is likely as we aren’t good enough yet.

My best players usually come from my 100ish classes

There’s supposed to be a setting that auto recruits for you once your initial points and scholarships are used.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

16 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

My best players usually come from my 100ish classes

There’s supposed to be a setting that auto recruits for you once your initial points and scholarships are used.

100ish classes in test league produce your best players?  If that’s the case, wow!

Yea, I’m aware of the auto recruit feature.  It’s not the time to put the points in the players, it’s the time doing the initial research I didn’t spend the time on.  

100ish classes in test league produce your best players?  If that’s the case, wow!

Yea, I’m aware of the auto recruit feature.  It’s not the time to put the points in the players, it’s the time doing the initial research I didn’t spend the time on.  

No not the test league. I read over that part lol

I’m not in the test league.

7 hours ago, Dalton26 said:

No not the test league. I read over that part lol

I’m not in the test league.

Yea there seems to be about 100 active coaches in test league, so a class around 100ish isn’t good ;).  

On recruiting, L31 is so so tough now. I’ll make a net and come to find they’re all being maxed. It’s crazy.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando BtownBanners

Agree. It has cost me 2 classes in a row by not breaking any ties. I went more conservative this time and have 3 decent clear leads and only 2 ties. My ties aren’t program changers.

On 6/22/2018 at 5:13 PM, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Athens won the 'ship! Losing two great senior starters, but we have some solid bench players and hopefully a strong recruiting class coming in.

Congrats!  L31 is ridiculously difficult so that’s a major accomplishment!

Maybe just maybe things are looking up in Ft Myers.  After winning 2 games all regular season, we were a 14 seed in the DTT and finished 3rd.  That led to some recruiting momentum as we broke 2 ties and brought in the 6th rated overall class with ratings by the magazines of 9/9.  My team went from +18 to +29 overnight with the signings lol.

L34- team is mediocre but so is my conference.  Tied for the conf championship only to lose on the tiebreaker, by 2 ranking spots...ugh.  Hopefully I can win the conf tourney and get into the NTT.

L37- started out 0-4 with 3 close losses, now 2-4. 

Test  League- after missing the NTT for the first time since I’ve taken over, had an unexpected NTT run into the final four, followed by an elite 8 year.  Currently sitting ranked #1, though I don’t think we’re quite that good.  

L31 is getting real tough to recruit in.

Imo the past 3 seasons have been as tough as any DTL league, maybe ever. Even medium type players are 2/2s and 3/3s. Decent big guys are nearly impossible. Need luck and a good safety net.