Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

(2018) PF Darius Days to LSU

Also yet again.... a redshirt is still a scholarship used. Also I agree that 4* and probably not even a majority of 3* kids will ever be willing to redshirt in today's game. Race was a very rare case and it is because he reclassified. Had he not reclassified I highly doubt he would have been willing to take redshirt next season.

Rumor I heard was Race needs to rehab his knees and needed to take a year off. 

In an interview I heard him in he said it would be more beneficial to get down and play with the guys at practice instead of playing a high school season where he would get tripled teamed most of the games.

https://assemblycall.com/shows/ball-isnt-life-summer-ep-2-race-thompson/

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

All I said was "I wonder" if a redshirt was possible. I never said it was happening just throwing it out there. Lol man oh man 

I get that but for future reference any top 100 kid is probably not gonna be willing to use a RS less rare occasions happen. Archie does use RS but here I don't expect it as much as the kids he gets will be higher.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

I get that but for future reference any top 100 kid is probably not gonna be willing to use a RS less rare occasions happen. Archie does use RS but here I don't expect it as much as the kids he gets will be higher.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Without a doubt it is unlikely. I just wanted to start a conversation. I guess that wasn't a very good idea. Lol. I do believe we are going to see 2 things happen from time to time with CM. (1) he is going to keep an open scholarship in his pocket and (2) use a redshirt in the right situation. My point all along is nobody knows what CM will do with roster management so it's really going to be fun watching it play out.