Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

It was a kid off the bench that came in for the fouled out James. CAM probably didn't care about a sub draining 2 clutch foul shots to win.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Oh lol I was confused haha.. I ended up turning it off.

Impressed with him in the 2 games I have got to watch of his. I would guess he is going to jump in the rankings. If DG or RP doesn't want the keys I see no problem in handing them to this kid. Didn't know much about him before the offer but he will be a quality pg for some college team. It might be hard to get him away from the west coast

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Currently on ESPNU

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Not liking his defensive efforts in the 10 minutes that I've seen. Poor transition defense, stands around too much. On the Offensive end, a lot of his shiftiness is just dancing in one place. Several good drives and dishes however. Just my two cents on the 10 minutes I've seen so far. Obviously not saying I want or don't want him based off of this.

Not liking his defensive efforts in the 10 minutes that I've seen. Poor transition defense, stands around too much. On the Offensive end, a lot of his shiftiness is just dancing in one place. Several good drives and dishes however. Just my two cents on the 10 minutes I've seen so far. Obviously not saying I want or don't want him based off of this.

Me an Fleek will fix dat.

So it's hard not to like his production at Peach Jam, the best young players in the nation.  He is higher on assists than anyone else we're offering (that's just a guess...).  And 18.7 ppg at Peach Jam for the facilitator says something.  

I really try not to get caught up in comparisons like this, but his game is very Yogi-like.  Fast, abrupt step-backs or drives to create just enough space to get a shot off.  He even ran up the floor with the ball to the 3pt line and knocked one down, just like the Yogs.  

Do I want this guy?  Well.  I want a PG.  Phinissee is pretty well accepted not to be a huge contributor for a few years.  Akinjo is likely more day-one ready.  I can't see that he is leaps and bounds ahead of Devoe, and Devoe seems to have the build for Archie's pack-line.  If Akinjo were to commit, I'd be thrilled.  Get him in here and start building this thing.  

Also, FYI, I saw in an interview it is pronounced "AkinYO."