Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

1 minute ago, mdn82 said:

Not necessarily. He is never going to max out scholarships. I don't see him panicking year one and reaching if it's not there. I don't see him taking less than 3. I do think we end up with 4 but I think this is a foundation class. Every player has a purpose. No more shotgun approach.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Brace yourselves guys and gals. From what I hear this approach feels wonderful. 

Not necessarily. He is never going to max out scholarships. I don't see him panicking year one and reaching if it's not there. I don't see him taking less than 3. I do think we end up with 4 but I think this is a foundation class. Every player has a purpose. No more shotgun approach.

My exact thoughts. We'll end up with either a solid foundation of 3-4 recruits or we'll end up with an outstanding class of immediate impact recruits with a solid foundation.

I've been sticking by us since the get-go! Just a feeling. Not in the know, but live in the same subdivision as the Langfords. Got that IU flag flying proud every day. From all accounts, the parents weren't enamoured with Cal either. That was before the U19 deal.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

Bake some cookies and head over there.

Is that really what he said, that he would never max out scholarships?

14 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Is that really what he said, that he would never max out scholarships?

He made it seem like it would have to be a special case to do.  Saying it usually left people with bad feelings because they didn't get playing time and it prevented you from taking advantage when opportunities presented themselves

Day 2 from the UA Finals is over.  This is a single elimination format and Eric Ayala is our only remaining target still in the event.

Eric Ayala '18 (SG) - WeR1     HAS IU OFFER
Date Pts. FGM FGA 3PM 3PA FTM FTA Reb Assts. TO's  Stls. Blks.
7/12 19 5 10 1 4 8 10 6 4 3 1 1
7/13 19 7 11 3 7 2 8 7 1 1 0 0
7/13 17 5 11 2 3 5 8 7 1 2 2 1

Avg 13.9 43%   38%   56%   6 2 2 1 0
# Gms 14                      

Today's schedule for the Adidas Gauntlet Finale is in the books; this is a double elimination format.  Luguentz Dort's team won handily but the box score screens are blank.  I'll keep checking the site and if they appear, I'll post his stats later.  Matthew Hurt only has stats for one game; he was recovering from a broken hand earlier in the AAU season but a double double was a really nice game.

Dwayne Cohill '18 (CG) - Ohio Basketball Club              
7/13 13 5 8 1 2 2 4 4 1 1 2 0

Avg 12.7 41%   39%   64%   5 2 2 1 0
# Gms 9                      

Luguentz Dort '18 (SG) - Brookwood Elite       HAS IU OFFER
7/13                        

Avg 19.4 51%   27%   70%   4 2 3 1 1
# Gms 8                      

David Duke '18 (CG) - Mass. Rivals       HAS IU OFFER
7/13 2 1 4 0 1 0 1 1 2 0 1 0

Avg 9.0 40%   18%   64%   3 3 1 1 0
# Gms 9                      

Hurt, Matthew '19 (SG) - D1 Minnesota       HAS IU OFFER
7/13 27 7 12 1 4 12 16 11 2 0 1 2

Avg 27.0 58%   25%   75%   11 2 0 1 2
# Gms 1                      

Romeo Langford '18 (SG) - Twenty Two Vision       HAS IU OFFER
7/13 6 3 3 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0
7/13 5 2 6 0 0 1 2 1 0 2 0 0

Avg 17.9 44%   22%   73%   5 1 3 1 1
# Gms 9                      

Robert Phinisee '18 (PG) - Indiana Elite       HAS IU OFFER
7/13 8 2 9 1 3 3 4 8 3 2 1 0
7/13 4 1 4 0 0 2 2 2 3 1 1 0

Avg 9.9 34%   37%   76%   5 4 2 1 0
# Gms 8                      

Race Thompson '18 (PF) - D1 Minnesota       HAS IU OFFER
7/13 10 4 8 1 2 1 4 3 1 3 0 0

Avg 13.9 51%   27%   62%   6 2 2 1 1
# Gms 9                      

I know most think we will take a 4 man class and obviously we all want to land Romeo. With that said, would we take a 5 man class if we do land Romeo assuming he is pretty much a 1 and done?

49 minutes ago, ChiHoosier5 said:

I know most think we will take a 4 man class and obviously we all want to land Romeo. With that said, would we take a 5 man class if we do land Romeo assuming he is pretty much a 1 and done?

I'd still want to stick with a 4 man class. If we landed Romeo then we're likely to have a very good year. That'll help a lot with recruiting of course, and sticking with a four man class would give us another scholarship to use in '19.  With all the top guys we're in on in that class the extra scholarship would be very valuable, imo. 

Indiana coach Archie Miller, assistant Ed Schilling watched 2018 wing Aaron Henry (@henny2x) tonight. #iubb

@jeffrabjohns

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Two deep for a three star recruit. I love the way they are treating scholarship offers like precious gems. They only need to show a presence for a player like Romeo. For a three star they are going to be absolutely sure it's a good idea.

If Aaron Henry gets an offer it will be with our staff's decision that they want him to immediately accept it.

14 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Indiana coach Archie Miller, assistant Ed Schilling watched 2018 wing Aaron Henry (@henny2x) tonight. #iubb
@jeffrabjohns

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Hope he has a great game and I hope we offer. This kid sounds like a hidden gem from a recruiting ranking standpoint and one that will provide an impact soon whether it is on the offensive or defensive end and be here 3-4 years.