Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

New name (at least to me) on the radar

Cole Anthony

Point guard
5 STARS
Archbishop Molloy 
New York, NY
RR: N/A
Ht: 6'2"
Wt: 180 lbs
Class: 2019

-

The recruiting process is not something that Cole Anthony has begun to focus on, though he did speak with a few schools on Thursday.

“Indiana, Louisville, UConn, Stanford and Miami were about the only schools that reached out,” he said.

Charlottesville, VA. – – on the final day of pool play at the NBPA Top 100 camp, four phenomenal recruits stood out from the rest of the pack. Day 3 of the camp was action packed and a great preview for Saturday’s playoffs.

Once again I will say that Cole Anthony, son of former NBA guard Greg Anthony, is perhaps the and deserving of being the number 1 ranked point guard in the class of 2019. Cole Anthony has a game that is far beyond his years; his basketball IQ is off the charts, his vision is superb, he showcased the ability to score in crafty ways at the basket under tough conditions, he facilitates the offense like a seasoned veteran, and posses the ability to make a play when there is no play to be made. Anthony’s jump shooting can use improvement, but with his hard work, determination, and desire to get better expect it to become a lethal part of his game. During the first full day in which college coach could contact the class of 2019 Anthony heard from the likes of UNC, Duke, Kansas, Uconn, Maryland, Georgetown, Miami, Indiana, Wake Forrest, Baylor, Notre Dame, Arizona, Louisville, Pitt, Memphis, St. John’s, Ohio State, Utah, Cal, Virginia, Illinois, UNLV, and UCLA. Anthony is a 5-star recruit with a tremendous upside keep an eye on him in the years to come.

Eric Bossi and comments from Peach Jam.

We've always been pretty bullish on Cole Anthony as a prospect, but his Peach Jam performance with the PSA Cardinals only made it more clear to us that he is currently the top point guard in the class of 2019.

The son of former NBA player Greg Anthony, he hits the floor with a level of confidence, athleticism and skill that is tough to deal with. He doesn't back down from anybody, he attacks the rim with abandon, he creates for others and he can be every bit as good on the defensive end as he is offensively when he locks in on that end.

At the Peach Jam, Anthony was good for 25.6 points, 4.6 rebounds, 5.6 assists and 2.2 steals per game. It's tough to get a read on his recruitment because he doesn't yet speak about specific schools. We know that UCLA, Oregon, Wake Forest and some others have offered. Arizona, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina and many more have now taken looks and the big-time offers should be flowing soon.

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I think he is and may remain to be the best PG in 2019. Impressive talent.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

His stat line when he played Darius Garland this summer in EYBL: 34 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 3 steals, 1 block. Only 2 turnovers. FG: 9/13 FT: 10/12 3PT: 2/6. Held Garland to 15. 

Named us 2nd :) I love it. This is the class we could hear us involved w package deals. Wiseman, Brooks, Watford, Hurt & Anthony among others. We have a real shot at at least 2 or 3 of these kids. Keep working Archie.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app