Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Thad Matta OUT @ OSU

2 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Clappy is still looking for a job... might be fun to play against him and his stack of papers...

Who else would even be on the market? It's so late to be making a coaching change. 

HA, the Donovan stuff has already started on ESPN:

Jeff Borzello ESPN Staff Writer 

There are some obvious names for Ohio State: Chris Mack, Chris Holtmann, Mick Cronin, etc. Wonder if Buckeyes reach out to Billy Donovan.

Certainly hope not, but timing is right for an NBA guy to come back down to the college level if wanted.  Hopefully Stevens doesn't get too nervous in Boston this off season with the negativity of their playoff performance and follow the trend (wouldn't really call it a trend, but for lack of better terms) of Butler coach to OSU.

4 minutes ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

Hopefully there is 0% chance CAM would up and leave for OSU after being on the job only a few months, but I guess we will see if it is truly his dream job or not.  I'm guessing not now.

Man that would suck. 

I imagine 500k a year or so bump would give someone reason for pause, if OSU offered.

6 minutes ago, CrossboneIU22 said:

Hopefully there is 0% chance CAM would up and leave for OSU after being on the job only a few months, but I guess we will see if it is truly his dream job or not.  I'm guessing not now.

I'm willing to bet there's some contract language that says that ain't gonna happen.

1 minute ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

Man that would suck. 

I imagine 500k a year or so bump would give someone reason for pause, if OSU offered.

The only upside would be that if timing was truly the issue with Stevens or Donovan, this would eliminate that issue, but at this point, lets just hope we are set and they hire someone who is terrible....cough....crean....cough.

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Personally I don't think Crean is an Ohio State caliber coach. I know football is their fans' primary concern, but even with that I can't see them being satisfied with Crean's inconsistency. 

I'm sure they'd love having Jim Harbaugh's brother in law on their campus. Just call Crean 'Mole'.