Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Italian star Davide Moretti to take four official visits
Italian point guard Davide Moretti is looking to play college basketball next season and is gearing up for a trip to the United States to visit four high major schools.

Italian star Davide Moretti will start an 11-day trip to the United States on Monday, where he’ll take four official visits, his father, Paolo Moretti told Scout.

Moretti, a 6-foot-3 point guard, will fly into Indianapolis on Monday and start his visit spree with a trip to Indiana.

Following the visit to Indiana, Moretti is scheduled to go to Connecticut. Moretti will then visit Texas Tech, before closing out his schedule with an official to Utah, which will conclude on June 8th. 

Moretti, 19, averaged 14.8 points and five assists, while leading Italy to a 3rd place finish in the 2016 FIBA u18 European Championship.

Moretti, who also played in the FIBA u20 European Championship this past July, plays for Treviso in Legadue, averaging 12.7 points, 2.6 rebounds and 2.2 rebounds a game. He’s made 61 of 162 three-point attempts in 37 games.

6'3 point guard who's also visiting uconn, Texas tech, and Utah . Averaged 12-2-2 in the Italian second division last season. Obviously that's a professional league but I assume he's somehow ncaa eligible otherwise he wouldn't be taking official visits.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Interesting to me that our coaches evaluation of our team is that we need another PG/SG.  

I dont doubt it, but looking at roster balance it wouldn't seem to be our biggest need.   Wonder if we are emphasizing his shooting skills or PG skills?

He talks a lot in his interview about speed and strength being areas he needs to improve.  The B1G will certainly test those relative weaknesses.  

Im fascinated.  Not too sure what to think.  If we go this route, we would seem to be leaning towards 3 guard sets.  

It could also be as simple as CAM doesn't think there's a big available that can help the team next year and that Moretti is too talented not to take a look at. A team can never have enough shooters and we are going to need guards anyways in a year's time when Newkirk and RoJo graduate. 

It is simple. He wants to make sure he has at the very least an above average pg next year. He can also play off the ball as well so doesn't mean we couldn't sell Garland on coming if this kid ends up being the real deal. This takes the pressure off for a big time PG in 18 class to where Archie can just build relationships with Carey, Garland and Phinisee. I like the move more for the future, but even more for this year. We have Hartman, Juwan, Moore, DD, McSwain & Smith up front. I am one of the select few who is fine with the big man situation.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Moretti could also envision himself as a one and done player.

If that's the case I don't know why he would even visit. There won't be many minutes available next year at the 1 and 2 spots. 

Just now, goonaha said:

If that's the case I don't know why he would even visit. There won't be many minutes available next year at the 1 and 2 spots. 

If he's good enough to seriously consider being one and done, minutes won't be a problem.