Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IUBASE - 2017 B1G Tournament

Sounds for sure like I said that we are not meant to be in this tourney. From twitter sounds like Miller barely missed a double on foul ball and then Dedelow flew out to wall (which is partially on him as I have said since he swings for fences every at bat now and never tries to just make solid contact anymore as he as done in past years which as resulted in the 16 HR's but a much lower batting average than years past).   

12 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

We have one of the most talented teams in the Big Ten yet finish 6th and are about to go 0-2 in the big ten tournament. Really?

Its disappointing but we were 6th but we were also 2 games from winning Big Ten which is bunched really tightly so it is not like we were horrible. I still think we are comfortably in NCAA's given we made it with an RPI of 35 and an SOS of 22 in 2015 while this year is 30 and 11.

Certainly not everything is rosy (and we need to keep a critical eye on Lemonis as this could go badly as we get further from Smith era) and I have been very critical at times but if we are getting in tourney each year and competing in conference (yes I know 6th is mid pack but we were just as close to top so certainly are competing with top teams) that should be satisfying enough given our history.

22 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Its disappointing but we were 6th but we were also 2 games from winning Big Ten which is bunched really tightly so it is not like we were horrible. I still think we are comfortably in NCAA's given we made it with an RPI of 35 and an SOS of 22 in 2015 while this year is 30 and 11.

Certainly not everything is rosy (and we need to keep a critical eye on Lemonis as this could go badly as we get further from Smith era) and I have been very critical at times but if we are getting in tourney each year and competing in conference (yes I know 6th is mid pack but we were just as close to top so certainly are competing with top teams) that should be satisfying enough given our history.

29 and 30 overall. NCAA should hit us hard for 2 and done.  AT HOME.

Dedelow gives and Dedlow takes away by swinging for fences every time. This time he gives.

Also NCAA sees these games as 'neutral site' and not home games so we would be credited with 2 neutral site losses not 2 home losses in committees eyes. SOS depends on how you look at it. Non conference SOS is 11 which is huge since that shows them we scheduled really tough and only conference teams brought us down to 30 which is helpful. I think we are in either way given we got in with worse RPI and 2 less conference wins in 2015 but you certainly never know.

You should never give somebody a pass because the history of the program. Especially when they are less successful than their predecessor. 

Judge them on the resources they are given.  

Lemonis has resources and he has talent. I will give him that but at some point therir is more to coaching than amassing talent you have to start winning with it. 

8 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

You should never give somebody a pass because the history of the program. Especially when they are less successful than their predecessor. 

Judge them on the resources they are given.  

Lemonis has resources and he has talent. I will give him that but at some point therir is more to coaching than amassing talent you have to start winning with it. 

No argument. I am just saying I would not fire Lemonis after this year regardless unless Tracy Smith gets fired from ASU and is available. If things go south next year than you absolutely make a move. I have to also think timing could be perfect because Smith is more likely to be canned with a second bad year next year so timing would be perfect and I think both scenario's are somewhat realistic for a Smith reunion in 2019.

5 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Lemonis needs to hire a better pitching coach.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Actually I think its the hitting coach that needs replacement. Pitching was excellent last 2 years but has struggled this year with mass losses and is very young. Hitting on the other hand is very experienced and think our approaches at plate are often quite bad and hitters are not developing like they should.

2 minutes ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Smith could get canned this year.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Like I said if that happens than maybe you strongly consider a move on our end it but I think he gets one more year and if he does you also ride Lemonis another year since were were not awful this year and still quite likely to make NCAA tournament (I know people are disagreeing with me but I believe we are in regardless and most pundits besides one IU media interviewed thought we were in even if we lost both games).

Lozer their reliever who had not surrendered a run all year and was perfect till blowing up and being terrible yesterday with game online again gives up a run to us today (although it will be charged Jaskie).