Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

OG Anunoby - New York Knicks

12 hours ago, reconmkd said:

Wow OG with 36 pts! 

He's turning into a major contributor for the Raps, he's been the steady 2-way player for them but was not a focus of the offense, that's been changing and is accelerated this season. His potential is really high, imo, always a monster defender, his offense, including from the arc, has been catching up.

12 hours ago, reconmkd said:

Wow OG with 36 pts! 

6 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

He's turning into a major contributor for the Raps, he's been the steady 2-way player for them but was not a focus of the offense, that's been changing and is accelerated this season. His potential is really high, imo, always a monster defender, his offense, including from the arc, has been catching up.

Their main guy Siakam has been out due to offseason surgery. Just saw an article where he's supposed to return in the next couple weeks. OG will probably lose some shots soon.

4 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Their main guy Siakam has been out due to offseason surgery. Just saw an article where he's supposed to return in the next couple weeks. OG will probably lose some shots soon.

Yes Siakam has been out and OG won't take as many shots, but he's been getting more integrated into their scoring and that should continue imo, he's growing into a veteran and a key contributor

Siakim's been back, OG continuing to play major role on both ends -- last night's game:

9-19 (most shots), 6-10 from the arc and 5-6 from stripe for 29, 6 boards, 3 steals, 2 assist to 0 TO's, in 41 minutes - most on team.

OG is a beast, if he stays healthy he can turn into an all-star level player

1 hour ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Siakim's been back, OG continuing to play major role on both ends -- last night's game:

9-19 (most shots), 6-10 from the arc and 5-6 from stripe for 29, 6 boards, 3 steals, 2 assist to 0 TO's, in 41 minutes - most on team.

OG is a beast, if he stays healthy he can turn into an all-star level player

Siakam had that awesome playoff run, but I’m not so sure OG isn’t the better player overall. Maybe I’m just biased. 

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

Siakam had that awesome playoff run, but I’m not so sure OG isn’t the better player overall. Maybe I’m just biased. 

I'm probably biased too, but maybe -- Siakim's very good when healthy and he's working his way back to 100%, but OG is just a monster defensively and as he's now demonstrating fully capable of leading the Rap's scoring and as a 3-level scorer. Hope he stays healthy, think he'll continue to grow his game.

And he's a stone cold killer. Aside from watching him play, I met him at an IU / Crean camp my son went to years back. He has those killer eyes, composure and presence (even as college kid) you see in guys like Kobe (RIP). Serious focus, a real killer look. Watching him defend is blast. 

Check this out on OG 

He now has the most steals averaged (3.1) since 1991, and has 19 steals in his last 4 games. I mean, that's impressive.

OG is a monster 2-way player. If he wasn't just playing his role, as a secondary or third scorer, he would be right up there with the guys who regularly get noticed as scorers/two-way players.

Too bad D doesn't get talked about as much as O, the dude is top flight defensively.

8 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

OG 13-18 for 32 and 10 boards tonight to lead Toronto to the W over Miami. Dominant, when he needs to be.

I'm not a huge NBA fan, but I still get upset when I remember the Pacers passed him over for T.J. Leaf.

Besides being a way better player, he's just an awesome human being.