Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

2018 General Recruiting Thread

7 hours ago, hoosierpap said:

It's almost silly to think in terms of '19 because it's so far away, especially for the guys I'm about to talk about but it can be applied in general. IU is right there with some uber-talented, 5 star, one and dones for '19. Say IU takes two of Brooks, Watford, Hurt or Wiseman - that 2018 "foundational" class becomes incredibly important. It's what keeps the program afloat the next year when those '18's are now a year older and experienced and fills the loss when the '19 talent leaves.

If Archie is able to get IU in a place where they're recruiting one to two 5 stars a year, those top 45-100 players become just as important. 

Fwiw, that is my ideal recruiting strategy. Obviously you never turn down talent but I think the recipe for success lies in either one to two 5 stars or borderline 5 stars. Clear elite talents, surrounded by solid, solid 2-4 year guys.

That's exactly the ideal recruiting strategy. It'd be the perfect balance of talent and fundamentals

55 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Do you ever watch high school ball videos, and wish your college team moved the ball that well? 

Hunter is a special player and I believe Arch sees him at 2 guard with a shot like this. We will be lucky to see him in an IU jersey longer than a couple of years. He reminds me of Gary Harris.

Just now, schoosier said:

Hunter is a special player and I believe Arch sees him at 2 guard with a shot like this. We will be lucky to see him in an IU jersey longer than a couple of years. He reminds me of Gary Harris.

He reminds me of a poor man's Justin Jackson right now

New Scout rankings:
http://www.scout.com/Season/2018-Basketball/ScoutRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool
Jerome Hunter 52
Damezi Anderson 84
Targets:
Romeo Langford 6
Darius Garland 8
Moses Brown 14
Luguentz Dort 37
Darius Days 64
Michael DeVoe 78
Eric Ayala 82
Robert Phinisee 96
James Akinjo 99
Jake Forrester 167

Because my phone is blowing up about, our rankings only extend to a top 100. After that they aren't in a specific order.
@evandaniels

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Scout works from the grass roots and then reports up. We have a Team of Scouts around the country including local scouts that work smaller areas that submit their rankings to a regional manager. The regional manager will compile the rankings from the local scouts in his area, then submit his compiled list to the National Editors. A final conference call between the regional managers and the national editors results in a compiled list of national rankings.
Some info on how Scout ranks

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

4 minutes ago, WeWantBrad said:

Are we still expecting a commitment from Phinisee this weekend? Love the idea of stealing a top 100 kid from W. Lafayette.

I was under the impression that it could happen at any time and by the end of the month at the latest.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of chatter about it lately, unless it's on the premium forums. Plus we don't know if he's just going to announce it or announce a commitment date.

I was under the impression that it could happen at any time and by the end of the month at the latest.
There doesn't seem to be a lot of chatter about it lately, unless it's on the premium forums. Plus we don't know if he's just going to announce it or announce a commitment date.

There were some "insiders" that said look for a commit as early as this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app