Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PF Race Thompson to IU

Committed 7/16/17 and reclassed to 2017.

We just offered. Same AAU as '19 PF Matthew Hurt. @RyanJamesMN: Indiana has offered 2018 Race Thompson of @adidasD1MN and Robbinsdale Armstrong

Minneapolis, MN (Robbinsdale Armstrong)
6'8"/200
AAU: D1 Minnesota

Scout

Twitter

AAU season-to-date

Race Thompson '18 (PF) - D1 Minnesota       HAS IU OFFER  
Date Pts. FGM FGA 3PM 3PA FTM FTA Reb Assts. TO's  Stls. Blks. Min.
4/21         NO GAME              
4/22 18 6 11 1 2 5 8 10 2 5 0 0 29
4/22 10 3 8 0 3 4 6 4 3 0 0 1 32
4/22 4 2 7 0 2 0 0 6 2 1 0 0 32
4/23 21 9 12 1 2 2 3 8 4 0 5 1 28
4/28 16 3 9 1 4 9 12 5 0 2 1 1 24
4/29 14 6 11 1 1 1 3 9 2 0 1 3 22
4/29 14 6 17 0 4 1 2 2 0 1 2 3 32
4/30 18 8 9 1 2 1 1 5 2 2 3 0 20
Avg 14.4 51%   25%   66%   6 2 1 2 1 27
# Gms 8                        

Has a lot of ties to Minnesota. Will be hard  to pry him from there. Archie is working his @$$ off though, no doubt.

RaceThompson1 says he's in contact w/ #iubb ast Tom Ostrom almost every day. Also talking w/MN, Iowa St, Baylor & Marq, Prov, Mich & MSU

No firm timeline on recruitment, but will most likely commit by the start of his next high school basketball season

@margolisnews

Webview

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

http://www.umhoops.com/2017/05/22/four-star-forward-race-thompson-planning-michigan-visit/

“I would say the schools that have been showing more interest are Michigan, Michigan State and Indiana, and the same schools that have been recruiting me are coming after me even harder,” 

Thompson also mentioned he may visit Indiana this summer as well. He hopes to cut his list of schools after the AAU season before making a commitment near the start of his high school basketball season.

http://indiana.247sports.com/Article/Indiana-Hoosiers-Basketball-target-Race-Thompson-was-born-to-be--52905784

Mostly just a background piece on Thompson and conversation with Thompson's high school coach.  Couple of noteworthy paragraphs:

Thompson is a leader for his high school team. Last season as a junior, the forward averaged 19.6 point and 8.9 rebounds per game. He shot 38.5-percent from the field, including 45-percent from three. His 101 free throws attempted also set a single-season team record.

With Race’s junior year coming to a close, his coach expects him to take his time in the college selection process, and “wait until football season” to make his college selection.

Currently, Thompson in being recruited hardest by Iowa State, Marquette and Minnesota, but Indiana did offer the power forward on May 2. Assistant coach Tom Ostrom, who has ties to the area, has taken over the lead in the recruiting.

According to 247Sports.com, Thompson is ranked No. 72 nationally and is the 19th-best power forward.

Doesn't say anything new in this Bossi interview, but it's pretty clear that we are one of the leaders in his recruitment.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/five-standing-out-for-three-star-forward-race-thompson

“Minnesota, Indiana, Iowa State, Baylor, and Marquette,” he said. “Those are the main ones off the top of my head that have stood out.”

Minnesota: “Their style would definitely fit me, but we are going to see how it goes.

“I like them a lot, it is the hometown team, of course. It is just like any other school though, I just want to make the best decision.”

Iowa State: “It is a good school. It definitely fits my style of play with getting the ball and being able to push it. That definitely stands out about that school.”

Baylor: “It is nice; they definitely have good coaches that develop its players. They have a couple of guys going to the draft this year. They always have a big team, so that would definitely benefit me, being able to play a smaller position at the 3 or the 4 and make my chances greater of playing pro basketball.”

Indiana: “They definitely have told me that they want me a lot. They have made me a priority. They have one of the best cultures in college basketball, some of the best fans; it is definitely a good school.”

As posted earlier, he is still visiting Indiana and Michigan in June. I think this recruitment is gaining in importance if Swider is going to be a Duke lean.