Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2018) SG - Luguentz Dort to Arizona State

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. — Luguentz Dort, the Class of 2018 point guard from Brookwood Elite and Calusa (FL) Prep, is targeting a college decision sometime later this summer, his AAU coach Nelson Osse told ZAGSBLOG.

“August,” said Osse, the Director of the PXknights basketball program.

Dort has a lengthy list of schools but he mentioned a few during the NBA Top 100 Camp in June.

“Miami, Michigan State, Oregon, West Virginia, Indiana, Baylor, Florida,” said Dort. Dort added that all schools are even and that he has taken unofficials to Florida, Miami and Arizona State and that he wants to visit Indiana and Oregon again on unofficials.

Osse, meantime, listed Oregon, Michigan State, Arizona State, Miami, Illinois, Indiana, Florida and St. John’s as the schools working the hardest.

“I’ll probably start my official visits in the end of June or July and make a decision at the end of the summer,” said Dort.

Dort also talked specifically about a couple schools recruiting him.

“[From Indiana, I’ve been hearing] a lot,” he said. “I just talked to [them] about the camp. They really want me to play the point guard and shooting guard. They said they could really help me where I want to go.”

Dort talked about Florida as well.

“They’ve been recruiting me a really long time since I wasn’t even a good prospect so that’s why I’m going to keep them on my mind,” he said.

Oregon could also be a sleeper with the Canadian connection.

“I know Chris Boucher for a good time now since we’re from the same neighborhood,” he said. “I feel like they do a [good job] dealing with Canadians.”

Miami is another potential landing spot as they are close to home for Dort.

“I went to the campus and I really liked it,” he said. “It’s a really nice city with good weather and good coaches. And I’ll keep them on my mind, too.”

2018 Luguentz Dort unfortunately can’t participate in this week’s NBPA Top 100 camp due to an injury to his hand last week in Italy while playing with Adidas Basketball. He is hoping that the injury will only keep him an out for a week, he says. When Dort is injury free, he is a player that attacks hard and is a natural scorer. He has shown a lot on the court that makes him out to be a very good long term prospect especially with his strong build.

He gained a lot of experience playing in Italy last week before he got hurt, he says, “I realized I need to work on a lot of things and be more of a point guard.”

He thinks it would help his overall game so much by improving his point guard play, “It would open more doors for me because point guards are leaders and I want to lead the team.”

There are a number of schools that are constantly talking to him and they include Miami, Michigan State, Oregon, West Virginia, Indiana, Baylor and Florida.

One of the schools that has shown a lot of interest in Dort is Indiana and he spoke on the Hoosiers, “I just talked to Coach Flint yesterday. We got to talk about the camp, Italy and just everything. They really want me, they think I could be a point guard and shooting guard. They keep on telling me that they can really help me with where I want to go. I really like the new coach and he has been saying really good things about Indiana.”

As of now he has visited Florida, Miami and Arizona State. He would like to visit Indiana and Oregon soon.

He spoke on his Canadian relationship with Oregon, “The relationship is pretty nice, I have known Chris Boucher for a long time, we actually grew up in the same neighborhood.”

Florida is a school that has been on Dort for a long time, “They have been recruiting me for a long time and I really like their coaching staff and that is why I am always going to keep them in mind.”

Dort attends Calusa Prep which is close to Miami and that staff has shown interest, “I went to the campus and I really like the campus. It is a nice city and they have pretty good coaches and I will keep them in mind too.”

When thinking about a timetable we could see Dort making some official visits soon, “I will probably start my official visits at the end of June or in July and probably make a decision at the end of the summer.”

9 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Have we backed off here?

For me? I'll root for the kid's life to "stabilize" if he ends up at IU, but if we stop pursuing him that would be just fine. I know it's not necessarily an either/or, but give me an Aaron Henry over Luguentz Dort anyday and twice on Sunday. 

Need even more proof in addition to previous posts about Dort's "different basketball factory per year/handlers galore" history?  Dort is such a risky add that Rick Stansbury is now after him. 

Wants to visit Indiana, Michigan State, Oregon, Baylor, and Miami.

Peegs:
National top-30 prospect Luguentz Dort has received plenty of attention from colleges here at the adidas Gauntlet Finale this week.

A powerful 6-foot-3 combo guard, Dort is a four-star prospect currently ranked No. 29 in the 2018 class by Scout.com.
Dort said he knows of several schools he wants to visit.
“I want to see Michigan State for sure, Miami, Baylor, Oregon and Indiana,” Dort told Peegs.com today.
Dort said he plans to start taking visits in August, and they could be a combination of officials and unofficials. He said no visits are scheduled at this point.
After his team completed its play in the first of the three July live evaluation periods — the time when college coaches can watch prospects in person — Dort said the schools watching him a lot and making him feel like a priority are Arizona State, Oregon, Baylor, Miami, Indiana, Western Kentucky and Michigan State.
Dort is originally from Canada, and Oregon has had connections to Canadian grassroots basketball.
Indiana has been in contact for a while, and Dort said he has a good relationship with IU coach Archie Miller.
“I’m still talking with coach Miller. I’ve been talking to him a long time. We talk a lot,” Dort said.
Indiana had a pretty strong presence all week with Dort.
“That tells me they really want me. I’ll give them a chance. I’ll visit them and see how it goes,” Dort said.
“They’re talking to me every day. It’s going pretty well.”

Michigan State’s Tom Izzo was also one of the head coaches to watch Dort this week.
“Coach Izzo, he’s a Hall of Famer. He’s had a lot of pros there, so that’s pretty good.”
Dort, who plays at The Conrad Academy in Florida, said college location won’t be a factor.
“I’m looking for great coaches, good teammates and a good school,” he said.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

49 minutes ago, goonaha said:

Wants to visit Indiana, Michigan State, Oregon, Baylor, and Miami.

Peegs:
National top-30 prospect Luguentz Dort has received plenty of attention from colleges here at the adidas Gauntlet Finale this week.

A powerful 6-foot-3 combo guard, Dort is a four-star prospect currently ranked No. 29 in the 2018 class by Scout.com.
Dort said he knows of several schools he wants to visit.
“I want to see Michigan State for sure, Miami, Baylor, Oregon and Indiana,” Dort told Peegs.com today.
Dort said he plans to start taking visits in August, and they could be a combination of officials and unofficials. He said no visits are scheduled at this point.
After his team completed its play in the first of the three July live evaluation periods — the time when college coaches can watch prospects in person — Dort said the schools watching him a lot and making him feel like a priority are Arizona State, Oregon, Baylor, Miami, Indiana, Western Kentucky and Michigan State.
Dort is originally from Canada, and Oregon has had connections to Canadian grassroots basketball.
Indiana has been in contact for a while, and Dort said he has a good relationship with IU coach Archie Miller.
“I’m still talking with coach Miller. I’ve been talking to him a long time. We talk a lot,” Dort said.
Indiana had a pretty strong presence all week with Dort.
“That tells me they really want me. I’ll give them a chance. I’ll visit them and see how it goes,” Dort said.
“They’re talking to me every day. It’s going pretty well.”

Michigan State’s Tom Izzo was also one of the head coaches to watch Dort this week.
“Coach Izzo, he’s a Hall of Famer. He’s had a lot of pros there, so that’s pretty good.”
Dort, who plays at The Conrad Academy in Florida, said college location won’t be a factor.
“I’m looking for great coaches, good teammates and a good school,” he said.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I didn't realize we even watched