Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) C James Wiseman

18 hours ago, Demo said:

Only really good lefty big I can remember, and he was only here for a minute, was Lawrence Funderburke.

6 games, but I think he was just 6'8"

Chris Lawson was the lefty big in that class.

Could I be remembering wrong? That would make Funderburke, Lawson and Cheaney all lefties in the 1989 class.

23 hours ago, Demo said:

Only really good lefty big I can remember, and he was only here for a minute, was Lawrence Funderburke.

Yes Funderburke had loads of talent but one year of Knight was it for him. He had some baggage with him also and Knight treated him equally as his other players. All like _ _ _ _ until they graduated and towed the company line. Knight's biggest weakness was he could never treat players well. Something about head butting, kicking and choking doesn't enaomor you with parents these days. If Arch can coach as his Dayton years, his ability to connect with today's blue chip players suggests big time results. Wiseman type talent is proof so go get him.

22 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

Wasn't Marco a lefty? Or do you not consider him dominant?

George Leach was a southpaw too, but he was more of a defensive presence.

Yes on Marco which I remember one televised lol game against Duke. He was a quick Bama fix with the point guard,52, who had talent and were Davis' recruits.. Holloman was Sampson's big left recruit who ended up with our Trestor Award his only year. We also had many honor roll and 420 friendly players with him and EJ.

Wiseman made the cut as one of the final 12 players for the USA U16 roster.

http://d1vision.com/usa-u16-final-twelve-roster/

USA U16 GROUP B SCHEDULE:

• June 14: Puerto Rico
  • June 15: Dominican Republic
  • June 16: Mexico
  • June 17: Semifinals
  • June 18: Finals

You can watch the USA U16 National Team at the 2017 FIBA Americas live right here.

15 hours ago, schoosier said:

Yes on Marco which I remember one televised lol game against Duke. He was a quick Bama fix with the point guard,52, who had talent and were Davis' recruits.. Holloman was Sampson's big left recruit who ended up with our Trestor Award his only year. We also had many honor roll and 420 friendly players with him and EJ.

I believe they were from Auburn. Lou Monroe was the point.

Edit: I guess that still makes them a 'Bama fix

Wiseman was the only current IU target to make the squad.

USA Basketball released their final USA U16 National Team roster Monday evening. The final twelve came from a group of 16 players that were announced Sunday morning.

“We’ve got a really good group that’s incredibly talented and versatile,” said USA U16 head coach Don Showalter in a release. “Some of the guys got caught in the numbers, as far as making the team. We’re all really pleased with everybody’s work ethic and attitude. Nobody got cut because of those things, it was just what we felt was going to be pieces to fit into our puzzle in order to make the best team.”

FINAL USA BASKETBALL U16 ROSTER:

• Scottie Barnes – Cardinal Newman High (FL)
  • Vernon Carey Jr. – University School (FL)
  • Jalen Green – San Joaquin Memorial High (CA)
  • R.J. Hampton – Little Elm High (TX)
  • De’Vion Harmon – John Guyer High (TX)
  • Zion Harmon – Bowling Green High (KY)
  • Wendell Moore Jr. – Cox Mill High (NC)
  • Jeremy Roach – Paul VI Catholic High (VA)
  • Jalen Suggs – Minnehaha Academy High (MN)
  • Isaiah Todd – John Marshall High (VA)
  • Romeo Weems – New Haven High (MI)
  • James Wiseman – The Ensworth School (TN)

“When we got down to 16, we put in our system and now with 12 (players) remaining we’re going to sharpen things up over the next few days,” Showalter explained. “We’re going to put a few more things in offensively and defensively and really focus in on our goal.”

The team will continue to conduct two practices per day through June 9th, prior to departing for Argentina and the 2017 FIBA Americas U16 Championship.

Team USA will play in Group B and will face Puerto Rico in their first matchup. The Dominican Republic and Mexico round out the group. The team will practice in Formosa, Argentina June 11-13 before tipping off preliminary play. Group A consists of the home team Argentina as well as Canada, Paraguay and Venezuela.

The top two teams from each Group will play in the semifinals with the two winners playing for the Gold medal. The final four teams, not including Argentina, will qualify for the 2018 FIBA U17 World Cup. Argentina has earned a bid to host the 2018 U17 World Cup and therefore earned an automatic berth to next year’s U17 World Cup.

USA Basketball has claimed all four Gold Medals in the biennial event, which was first held in 2009.

USA U16 GROUP B SCHEDULE:

• June 14: Puerto Rico – 3:15 pm ET
  • June 15: Dominican Republic – 5:56 pm ET
  • June 16: Mexico – 1:15 pm ET
  • June 17: Semifinals – TBD
  • June 18: Finals – TBD

You can watch the USA U16 National Team at the 2017 FIBA Americas live right here.