Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Trayce Jackson-Davis to INDIANA

I like his attitude from the article.

“I thought I played well in certain spots in the first game, but there is always still room for improvement,” Jackson-Davis said. “I need to finish my layups better. I know I had a few missed ones and came up on long on a couple then I dunked it. I need to finish the first one.
“I liked how I drove the ball, kicked it to open teammates in the second game. I started off pretty hot then slowed down. I need to stay hot and have that motor going at all times.”

Trayce Jackson-Davis Recruiting Update

TrayceJacksonDavis_1-678x381.jpg

Center Grove and Team Teague big man Trayce Jackson-Davis has drawn the attention of quite a few coaches in the Midwest due to strong showings in the spring and summer. The 6’8 Jackson-Davis is currently ranked 139th in the 2019 recruiting class by 247 sports, but that is likely going to change when they reevaluate their rankings.

In terms of style of play, I believe Trayce’s game is similar to Pacers big man Myles Turner. At the beginning of his high school career Trayce spent most of his time playing in the low post. Jackson-Davis has become more skilled and learned how to play outside of the paint as he matured. When asked about the evolution of his game Trayce replied, “I used to be a back to the basket post player, but recently I’ve expanded my game to where I’m able to drive and slash from the outside. I’m just trying to make the right plays, drive and kick and stuff like that.”

As a sophomore at Center Grove Jackson-Davis and his team came up just short of knocking off a really good New Albany team in the regional. Jackson-Davis believes his squad has the chance to do something special next season, “Well last year we came up short against a really good Romeo Langford led New Albany team. We could have just as easily been in the state game because we beat Ben Davis. I think our mentality for next year is just like that, if we beat top teams then we should be a top team. A state championship is definitely our goal.”

With Jackson-Davis being in the 2019 recruiting class it’s still very early in his recruitment, but with that said the schools showing the most interest in him at this point are Indiana, Purdue, Butler, Xavier, Clemson, and Iowa.

Jackson-Davis has been able to get down to Bloomington and see the campus multiple times this summer. Earlier this month Trayce and his Center Grove team mates were at the IU team camp. When asked what he was able to take away from the experience Trayce said, “At the team camp I played a different position than I do in AAU. In AAU I slash a little bit, but I’m more of a back to the basket guy. During school ball, I’ll take the ball down the court and do stuff like that. The coaches had only saw me play AAU, so they had never watched me do any of that other stuff.They were all surprised of what I was capable of doing. We had a really good experience down there, and we went 3-1 with our only loss coming to a really good point guard in Jeremiah Francis.” Jackson-Davis also said he liked how the campus was laid out and enjoyed getting to see the campus on his unofficial visit a few weeks before the camp.

After the camp Jackson-Davis was offered a scholarship by the Hoosiers. When asked what that moment was like Jackson-Davis responded, “It was right after the team camp and since I live so close to Bloomington, coach Miller just asked if I could stay back with my parents. We went up to his office and talked and that’s when he offered me. I was really excited and happy because I really like IU. It was an awesome experience for me.”

Jackson-Davis also said he really likes the coaching staff, “My favorite thing about IU is definitely the coaches because they’re always talking to me and my family and asking us how we are doing and stuff like that.” When asked what Archie Miller is telling him, Trayce had this to say, “He just told me to keep improving on my game. He also told me to keep working on my ball handling and shooting. He said I’m capable of being a really good player and fitting in with their program.”

The list of schools pursuing Trayce will most likely get bigger in the coming months, but when asked what he will be looking for Jackson-Davis replied, “A good fan base and coaches that want to win. I know all coaches want to win, but I want to be somewhere with a we don’t want to lose mentality.”

12 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Trayce Jackson-Davis Recruiting Update

TrayceJacksonDavis_1-678x381.jpg

Center Grove and Team Teague big man Trayce Jackson-Davis has drawn the attention of quite a few coaches in the Midwest due to strong showings in the spring and summer. The 6’8 Jackson-Davis is currently ranked 139th in the 2019 recruiting class by 247 sports, but that is likely going to change when they reevaluate their rankings.

In terms of style of play, I believe Trayce’s game is similar to Pacers big man Myles Turner. At the beginning of his high school career Trayce spent most of his time playing in the low post. Jackson-Davis has become more skilled and learned how to play outside of the paint as he matured. When asked about the evolution of his game Trayce replied, “I used to be a back to the basket post player, but recently I’ve expanded my game to where I’m able to drive and slash from the outside. I’m just trying to make the right plays, drive and kick and stuff like that.”

As a sophomore at Center Grove Jackson-Davis and his team came up just short of knocking off a really good New Albany team in the regional. Jackson-Davis believes his squad has the chance to do something special next season, “Well last year we came up short against a really good Romeo Langford led New Albany team. We could have just as easily been in the state game because we beat Ben Davis. I think our mentality for next year is just like that, if we beat top teams then we should be a top team. A state championship is definitely our goal.”

With Jackson-Davis being in the 2019 recruiting class it’s still very early in his recruitment, but with that said the schools showing the most interest in him at this point are Indiana, Purdue, Butler, Xavier, Clemson, and Iowa.

Jackson-Davis has been able to get down to Bloomington and see the campus multiple times this summer. Earlier this month Trayce and his Center Grove team mates were at the IU team camp. When asked what he was able to take away from the experience Trayce said, “At the team camp I played a different position than I do in AAU. In AAU I slash a little bit, but I’m more of a back to the basket guy. During school ball, I’ll take the ball down the court and do stuff like that. The coaches had only saw me play AAU, so they had never watched me do any of that other stuff.They were all surprised of what I was capable of doing. We had a really good experience down there, and we went 3-1 with our only loss coming to a really good point guard in Jeremiah Francis.” Jackson-Davis also said he liked how the campus was laid out and enjoyed getting to see the campus on his unofficial visit a few weeks before the camp.

After the camp Jackson-Davis was offered a scholarship by the Hoosiers. When asked what that moment was like Jackson-Davis responded, “It was right after the team camp and since I live so close to Bloomington, coach Miller just asked if I could stay back with my parents. We went up to his office and talked and that’s when he offered me. I was really excited and happy because I really like IU. It was an awesome experience for me.”

Jackson-Davis also said he really likes the coaching staff, “My favorite thing about IU is definitely the coaches because they’re always talking to me and my family and asking us how we are doing and stuff like that.” When asked what Archie Miller is telling him, Trayce had this to say, “He just told me to keep improving on my game. He also told me to keep working on my ball handling and shooting. He said I’m capable of being a really good player and fitting in with their program.”

The list of schools pursuing Trayce will most likely get bigger in the coming months, but when asked what he will be looking for Jackson-Davis replied, “A good fan base and coaches that want to win. I know all coaches want to win, but I want to be somewhere with a we don’t want to lose mentality.”

I have no idea about the timetable for his recruitment, but that is sounding really good for us.

He is without a doubt a priority for this staff. They really like him. I'm going to go out on a limb and say they want him more than Watford. I think he will be a Hoosier. Double D is his dad but I don't think he lives around here. I'm pretty sure he is raised by his mom and step dad who is a former NFL player. I'm guessing someone from the Greenwood area on here can tell more about that. 

I didn't see DD once at any home games

I'm not saying he wasn't there I just didn't see him and I was definitely scoping the crowd

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I believe his dad was a little taller so he may have a little growth left. We have 2 prob 3 schollies and I would love to have him and Brooks then wait it out for another top player like Wiseman. Wiseman is best of 2019.

I believe his dad was a little taller so he may have a little growth left. We have 2 prob 3 schollies and I would love to have him and Brooks then wait it out for another top player like Wiseman. Wiseman is best of 2019.

According to some if he grows he has s solid chance of becoming a 5 star or borderline 5 star over the next 2 years

Ignore ESPN rankings.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

No thanks I will pay attention to all the rankings services and use them for what they are ( a small piece of the recruiting puzzle). Paul, Adam, and Jeff do a fine job while I don't agree with them on some overall they know the recruiting business