Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Trayce Jackson-Davis to INDIANA

26 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I can think of some fans who would be complaining about him playing 5 years and how that means he wasn't good. 

I'm not at all a fan of the ways people find to diminish stats, BUT there is something to be said for those that are really high on the all-time lists and were in school for only a couple years.

23 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I'm not at all a fan of the ways people find to diminish stats, BUT there is something to be said for those that are really high on the all-time lists and were in school for only a couple years.

Oh absolutely. Calbert was a scoring machine in his 4 years and was able to have deep tourney runs. TJD for the first time just played an NCAA tourney game last year. Even had his sophomore year cut at least a couple games short because of COVID. TJD is 32 games behind Calbert right now in his career. If TJD plays another 32 at 19ppg, he will have scored 2,311 points, good for 3rd. To pass Calbert at this point.... 28.5 PPG... Lol

9 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/trayce-jackson-davis-shared-a-letter-from-a-nasty-fan/

I get the fans frustration, and even agree on some of his points, but sending these letters to the players is too far.

This is cringe. Ditto for the stuff on social media sent to players.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

IU "fan" Tim Weaver said this about Trayce Jackson Davis in his letter exactly 18 days ago (with underlining in the spots Tim Weaver added it):

"You, on the other hand are a horrible leader. Players get in trouble all the time, which means they don't respect you - or Woody (who also sucks as a leader)...You're all gutless quitters who keep getting humiliated..."

Tm Weaver is hereby nominated for the 'This Didn't Age Well' Hall of Fame. Sadly we had a few posts that said "Tim Weaver was right."

Tim Weaver was very, very wrong. Trayce Jackson Davis was and is the same kid (and Woody was and is the same coach). That doesn't mean they are flawless; it means that they are invested in improvement and dealing with adversity.

Sadly, the type of person who thinks their opinion is important enough to send a letter like that to TJD is probably delusional enough to also think that letter was the kick in the rear TJD needed to step up. So in his mind, he probably think this turn around is because of him.

Sadly, the type of person who thinks their opinion is important enough to send a letter like that to TJD is probably delusional enough to also think that letter was the kick in the rear TJD needed to step up. So in his mind, he probably think this turn around is because of him.
Could be an inkling of something to that. Not at stand alone value but some additional motivation. People talk **** and it makes you want to perform better to give em' the Ole finger.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Don't care what the reason is just glad they are playing better and tjd has definitely stepped it up but actually they all have. Tim weaver wasn't the reason though because didn't that come out before Penn st? Any which way something has drastically changed and I am glad. You can literally see the difference in energy and focus. Confidence! I am scared to even ask what's caused this just hope it continues so tjds final year is special

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, go iu bb said:

Well, the letter was shared the day before the Iowa game. So if he wants to take credit for the team being .500 since he wrote it, more power to him. 

In about 4 games TJD will be the first Hoosier with 2000 points and 1000 rebounds and only the second big ten player.  People like that Weaver guy just don’t want to see how special TJD is 

EDIT

Assuming we play 14 more games. And TJD averages a modest 18 and 8

He gets 2150 and 1071. If he comes back and plays a whole schedule he will own both records comfortably 

4 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

In about 4 games TJD will be the first Hoosier with 2000 points and 1000 rebounds and only the second big ten player.  People like that Weaver guy just don’t want to see how special TJD is 

EDIT

Assuming we play 14 more games. And TJD averages a modest 18 and 8

He gets 2150 and 1071. If he comes back and plays a whole schedule he will own both records comfortably 

I would like him to come back, but I don't like historical records being broken after 4 full seasons.