Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Trayce Jackson-Davis to INDIANA

16 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Brooks had a nice game
Uuugghh.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I recall Damon Bailey having a pedestrian McDonald's game.He did ok.Brooks is good but when things get physical defensively those spectacular putbacks and runouts will be hard to come by. Doesn't mean I didn't want him though.

All Star games  aren't any thing but selfish exhibitions and I  don't base any expectations of ability on them. 

57 minutes ago, Woodson1980 said:

I recall Damon Bailey having a pedestrian McDonald's game.He did ok.Brooks is good but when things get physical defensively those spectacular putbacks and runouts will be hard to come by. Doesn't mean I didn't want him though.

All Star games  aren't any thing but selfish exhibitions and I  don't base any expectations of ability on them. 

Exactly,  I think Damon missed a 3 to start the game and finished with 7, but I'm remembering and could be wrong.

In any event, i wasn't looking for his McD'S performance to have anything to do with his IU career. 

On 4/20/2019 at 10:49 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

The least amount of minutes as anyone on  either roster? Didn’t that also happen at the McDAA game? Zero respect. Hope he comes in with a big chip on his shoulder. 

I think he is the highest rated B1G Freshman. I think he will be a good player. I see Jared Jeffries similarities. Outside of Ohio State the big ten has a weak freshman class. Michigan State has a few studs. If Indiana can land Harris or one of the other recruits that would help talent wise. I think IU can win the conference in 2021 and 2022. Michigan state will be tough to beat this year. 

On 4/12/2019 at 3:41 PM, HoosierAloha said:

I’d be ecstatic with 11/6 with great defense. I’m thinking Green and Hunter will be our leading scorers, as the roster sits right now.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think Rob is gonna make a big leap this year. 

30 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Congrats to him. Thats awesome. Now he needs to have a better college career than Newman.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Franklin is liable to have a better college career than Newman.

4 hours ago, Honkyman said:

Both Franklin and Newman will likely have good college careers. Newman is a very shooter. I think he will fit in well in Purdue's system.  Undoubtedly, he will burn us on occasion.

I think Newman is going to hurt us. Purdue thrives with kids like that. Not saying he is going to have the career Carsen had but I can easily see him averaging 15 points a game.

I've said for months TJD is getting no respect nationally. I think he is going to be the Big Ten FOY and very well could be the conference MVP his sophomore year. I think he is a two year player at IU. I just really like his game. He has to get stronger and develop a shot. But if that happens he could be a special player. I don't think Indiana has had a big like him in a long time. Zeller and Jeffries are the only two that come to my mind. I still don't think Crean used Zeller properly as good as he was. 

1 hour ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I think Newman is going to hurt us. Purdue thrives with kids like that. Not saying he is going to have the career Carsen had but I can easily see him averaging 15 points a game.

I've said for months TJD is getting no respect nationally. I think he is going to be the Big Ten FOY and very well could be the conference MVP his sophomore year. I think he is a two year player at IU. I just really like his game. He has to get stronger and develop a shot. But if that happens he could be a special player. I don't think Indiana has had a big like him in a long time. Zeller and Jeffries are the only two that come to my mind. I still don't think Crean used Zeller properly as good as he was. 

I think even within the fanbase. Not that fans don't respect TJD, of course they do, but has IU had a less-hyped Mr. Basketball/McDonald's All-American? Maybe the fans are getting smarter and rightfully not putting crazy expectations on him, but it does seem like there is much less excitement/buss around TJD compared to Zeller, Yogi, JBJ, Langford, etc., etc. 

I'd say even less buzz than out of state guys like Bryant and Vonleh. 

I think even within the fanbase. Not that fans don't respect TJD, of course they do, but has IU had a less-hyped Mr. Basketball/McDonald's All-American? Maybe the fans are getting smarter and rightfully not putting crazy expectations on him, but it does seem like there is much less excitement/buss around TJD compared to Zeller, Yogi, JBJ, Langford, etc., etc. 

I definitely respect the young man but I don’t have crazy expectations for him. I believe part of that has to do with the front court depth and unsure of his position. Will he start at the 4? CAN he start at the 4?! Davis (healthy) and Brunk (playing solid) should get most of the tome at the 5. Smith was our 4 last season, will he stay there or develop wing skills to play the 3. Will Thompson get more run at the 4?

There are so many questions and few answers. I’d love to see TJD play the 4 and make us a “big” team but only if he’s capable of keeping defenses honest. What’s the plan if he does play the 4 and can’t hit an outside shot. Are we looking at an MSU or Carolina type offense where it’s missing shots and crashing the glass?

I’m thrilled he’s a Hoosier and will be playing for IU. Im not sure how he fits with the current group though. I’d imagine his sophomore year he’s one of our main options though.

31 minutes ago, BGleas said:

22 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I definitely respect the young man but I don’t have crazy expectations for him. I believe part of that has to do with the front court depth and unsure of his position. Will he start at the 4? CAN he start at the 4?! Davis (healthy) and Brunk (playing solid) should get most of the tome at the 5. Smith was our 4 last season, will he stay there or develop wing skills to play the 3. Will Thompson get more run at the 4?

There are so many questions and few answers. I’d love to see TJD play the 4 and make us a “big” team but only if he’s capable of keeping defenses honest. What’s the plan if he does play the 4 and can’t hit an outside shot. Are we looking at an MSU or Carolina type offense where it’s missing shots and crashing the glass?

I’m thrilled he’s a Hoosier and will be playing for IU. Im not sure how he fits with the current group though. I’d imagine his sophomore year he’s one of our main options though.

He is ranked similar to Thomas Bryant. Thomas wasn't our best player his freshman year but he was the #2/#3 option. I expect that kind of year from Trayce. I just hope Trayce makes a bigger jump as a sophomore than Thomas did. I have to put a 5 star McD All-American over Joey and De'Ron. Trayce will probably play both the 4/5 at times. More of a 5 his first year I'm guessing. 

He is ranked similar to Thomas Bryant. Thomas wasn't our best player his freshman year but he was the #2/#3 option. I expect that kind of year from Trayce. I just hope Trayce makes a bigger jump as a sophomore than Thomas did. I have to put a 5 star McD All-American over Joey and De'Ron. Trayce will probably play both the 4/5 at times. More of a 5 his first year I'm guessing. 

He’ll need to get stronger to play the 5 in the Big Ten (almost all frosh do) or better on the perimeter to play the 4. Maybe this is Archie’s attempt at creating what Arizona did for years with a ton of bigs? I’m definitely not against a “big” playing the 4 spot if he can defend and hit an outside shot when open.