Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Trayce Jackson-Davis to INDIANA

I have said many times the staff doesn't speak about TJD anymore and I don't ask. That's not in a bad way I know they really want him I just choose to bring it up. So I have no inside information about him. I have thought he would have been a Hoosiers 2 or 3 times already. I would listen to pap or Uspshoosier who lives there about this recruiting. From what I understand mom wants IU, stepdad wants MSU or UCLA but not IU. MSU convinced him to give them more time and watch how they play this year. He's their 2nd or 3rd option for a big guy so not sure why he is listening to them. This recruitment has lasted too long for me so I'm over it. He's not Romeo. I like the way Race, Moore, Forrester has gotten better so I think we will be OK either way. 
It seemed like Brooks had a better time at the official visit to be and more of a news for him on next year's roster.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

I wonder how things change if either Stewart or Carey commits to MSU during the early period? I don’t know because I don’t have time to follow their recruitments. But let’s say one or the other does and they already have a loaded frontcourt as was mentioned earlier in this thread. Would that put us more at ease?
I’m with many in here who say just do what you think is best for you, TJD. We really want you at IU but we’ll be fine either way.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I bet Izzo is selling it as we want you away from the basket. That is how you improve your NBA appeal. They want you as a back to the basket five.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That is awfully strong. I get your feelings as an IU fan and I don’t disagree. As a person that wants their child to be one and done because it’s their dream you are going to look at only that aspect. Which coach has proven he can get you there in better shape than originally thought.

That’s not coming just as an IU fan but as a high school coach that has heard some of the things that have gone on with Izzo and the program from from High School coaches and other college coaches in Michigan.

1 hour ago, HoosierX said:

What would you consider bad enough?  UCLA is quickly approaching the territory where IU was at with Crean in that it will have no choice but to fire Alford to stave off a fanbase revolt.

And similar to the situation with Crean, his buyout is pretty reasonable at this point.

Maybe they need some more planes flying around pulling the 'Fire Alford' banners lol.

44 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

That is awfully strong. I get your feelings as an IU fan and I don’t disagree. As a person that wants their child to be one and done because it’s their dream you are going to look at only that aspect. Which coach has proven he can get you there in better shape than originally thought.

Personally my thoughts on Izzo differ from alot of other. I truely think that with the talent year in, year out that he has had, I would have thought that there would be a few more banners hanging.

36 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I bet Izzo is selling it as we want you away from the basket. That is how you improve your NBA appeal. They want you as a back to the basket five.

Well, if so he had better get to work on that because I have seen none of that in his game. Guess we will see how that goes during the HS season. Alot of kids get pigeonholed to the paint when they are that size.

Welp time for IU fans to show out and put on the full court press with the Romeo treatment this year. I know I'll be at nearly every home game rockin my IU gear!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Conspiracy Theory: TJD is doing this so that when CG plays Lalu in December IU fans will come out in full force to show their love for him and Brooks. Not to mention I think he wants some of the attention Romeo got. Obviously he won’t get as much but he still wants people at his games.

33 minutes ago, IUsince1980 said:

Doesn't this board always seem to think we lead for every recruit and almost always never is the case. I don't ever have my hopes up on this recruiting thing. Best to let it play out and not get too emersed.

Sent from my SM-J337P using BtownBanners mobile app

True but every analyst out there has TJD 100% to IU, that makes this a bit different.  

That’s not coming just as an IU fan but as a high school coach that has heard some of the things that have gone on with Izzo and the program from from High School coaches and other college coaches in Michigan.

I am not speaking against what you are saying happens. I am saying that isn’t what the stepdad is worried about. You are focusing on that aspect because you are an IU fan. Every school is reminding every recruit followed by MSU of this. Calling him an idiot is a bit strong and wrong because you have no clue the information the family has.

47 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I am not speaking against what you are saying happens. I am saying that isn’t what the stepdad is worried about. You are focusing on that aspect because you are an IU fan. Every school is reminding every recruit followed by MSU of this. Calling him an idiot is a bit strong and wrong because you have no clue the information the family has.

That might have been a bit strong but it does seem a bit hypocritical as a man who is a police officer to want your step son to be a potential part of that mess of an athletic program with the legal issues they have had. 

14 hours ago, Fkfootball1 said:

Do you guys know why Alonzo Gaffney committed to OSU so early? Because hes an OSU fan like every other kid in that state. None of these Indiana kids are previous IU fans.

Not Romeo
Not Rob
Not Damezi
Not Armaan
Not TJD
Not Brooks

I can go on. When your program has been as irrelevant as ours has been the past 25 years, what can you honestly expect?

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

As someone who has lived in Ohio my whole life, i would say almost every kid grows up an OSU football fan, but very few care about OSU basketball and most would tell you the same. College Basketball in general isn’t very popular in Ohio.

1 hour ago, Alford Bailey said:

I could see Alford pulling the old "O just wait till spring and see what opens up" to buy himself some time.

The only thing of interest opening up at UCLA in the spring will be the head coach position.

If you have to delay your decision until spring to see if one of your choices fires its coach or not, then maybe that isn't a place you should be considering? Just a thought. I would like to think the average recruit would consider that, but I know there are a ton of important factors that go into a decision, such as shoe affiliation, black alternate uniforms, whether or not the coach played in the NBA, a fancy-smancy locker room with showerheads made of gold, an offense that showcases your skills...the list goes on.

2 hours ago, Fkfootball1 said:

I wonder what Ray Jackson has against IU? Not a fan of driving 40 minutes to see your step-son play?

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

Could be looking for a better pay day? I never had a warm fuzzy feeling about this recruitment like everyone else. Hope we can still land him in the spring.