Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Trayce Jackson-Davis to INDIANA

I called the exact date by over a month to go. I had good reason to believe what I was told from where it came from. Peegs and those guys are journalists and they have to fact check. But they talk to the same person I do, just maybe don't get the same info. 

The exact date? Props if you did. That’s impressive for sure. I don’t mean that to be rude or condescending. That’s not easy to do. Usually most recruits have a general idea of when but not an exact date until a couple weeks leading up to the announcement due to scheduling an event like that takes time. . Like a look for the week after USA camp is still impressive and usually what we see. The exact date? I don’t recall, but props.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

12 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

The exact date? Props if you did. That’s impressive for sure. I don’t mean that to be rude or condescending. That’s not easy to do. Usually most recruits have a general idea of when but not an exact date until a couple weeks leading up to the announcement due to scheduling an event like that takes time. . Like a look for the week after USA camp is still impressive and usually what we see. The exact date? I don’t recall, but props.

The exact date. If I had the time I would look it up. That's why when the family said he didn't know till a week before I knew that wasn't true. 

I can't vouch for it being over a month prior, but I was lurking at the time and do recall Chris providing the exact date of April 30th for Romeo's announcement, first thing in the morning on April 11 before Rabjohns et al were giving out that information publicly later in the day.

I don't doubt the veracity of his sources. But I also heard someone once say, when assessing Indiana's chances of landing Trayce, that something would have to change for him not to end up in Bloomington. Each time we hear from Chris and others of a pending commitment, then nothing happens, it suggests that something has changed. When Indiana is the presumed front-runner, change is bad, and so it's tough not to worry as this thing continues to drag out.

2 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

I can't vouch for it being over a month prior, but I was lurking at the time and do recall Chris providing the exact date of April 30th for Romeo's announcement, first thing in the morning on April 11 before Rabjohns et al were giving out that information publicly later in the day.

I don't doubt the veracity of his sources. But I also heard someone once say, when assessing Indiana's chances of landing Trayce, that something would have to change for him not to end up in Bloomington. Each time we hear from Chris and others of a pending commitment, then nothing happens, it suggests that something has changed. When Indiana is the presumed front-runner, change is bad, and so it's tough not to worry as this thing continues to drag out.

Honestly I think it makes sense that Trayce is going to wait and do a commit and sign once the early signing period starts. This would also allow Center Grove to do something for him like New Albany did for Romeo like other rumors have suggested. 

The exact date. If I had the time I would look it up. That's why when the family said he didn't know till a week before I knew that wasn't true. 

2 things. You are probably right on the exact day. I got back to the 11th and you had made a comment about it being the last day of the month. That was the day Romeo announced the 30th and Tim said no. I forgot how long in between the announcement it actually was. 2nd thing. I miss DMB... That dude was great lol.

1 hour ago, mdn82 said:

He for sure said April 30th.