Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2019) PF Trayce Jackson-Davis to INDIANA

Anyone else think it’d be better for TJD if he doesn’t reclass? Sounds like he plays a similar role to Juwan so he’s get more minutes in 2019-2020. Unless he can be a phenomenal player from day one/stay two years, I’d almost rather have him stay in his class. Hell I’d love to have him so I’m not nitpicking

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Anyone else think it’d be better for TJD if he doesn’t reclass? Sounds like he plays a similar role to Juwan so he’s get more minutes in 2019-2020. Unless he can be a phenomenal player from day one/stay two years, I’d almost rather have him stay in his class. Hell I’d love to have him so I’m not nitpicking

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I’m wondering the same thing. Sounds like he could use another year to hone some skills. Same thing, I’d gladly take him but I’m not sure if that’s what would be best for him.

But I don’t really know for sure.

We may be jumping the shark with this whole topic anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

17 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

I don’t think he is academically in a position to re-class. 

Some posts kind of infer that it is easy to reclassify. I do not know the details of how to do it but would  think it is not a routine thing to do. 

8 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Some posts kind of infer that it is easy to reclassify. I do not know the details of how to do it but would  think it is not a routine thing to do. 

You have to have the necessary credits that are needed to graduate. It's not always easy but it depends on the high school and the student.

I look at this as a really good way to be able to have TJD for 2 or 3 years. I know the main thought is that he will be at least a 2 year player regardless but if he does think of himself as a OAD I think it would be easier to pitch him and say reclass and come to IU instead of your senior year, really develop and work on your game in a college system, play 2 years here and then if he wants to declare after 2 years he has a major advantage over other one and dones in the 2019 class with the extra year of college ball and he is still the same age as all of them. 

Unless he's obsessed with the chance to play with Romeo I saw enough of his play this past season that he needs another year of summer AAU and a high school season to be a significant contributor.  IMO he ought to be in contact with Clif Marshall on just what kind of strength training he should work on in the next 12 months.   Now having said all that, I suppose there's the outside chance to encourage a re-class if Archie just doesn't see Davis sufficiently recovering from his injury. 

Unless he's obsessed with the chance to play with Romeo I saw enough of his play this past season that he needs another year of summer AAU and a high school season to be a significant contributor.  IMO he ought to be in contact with Clif Marshall on just what kind of strength training he should work on in the next 12 months.   Now having said all that, I suppose there's the outside chance to encourage a re-class if Archie just doesn't see Davis sufficiently recovering from his injury. 

He might actually develop more at IU than going the 1 more AAU and HS route. Indiana has some experience with a lower ranked player, Race, and may feel pretty confident they can do more with him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

20 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Even is he does reclassify which I don't think he will, he could still play AAU all summer long like Race did last year. I'm pretty sure we are saving our last scholarship for a big man. I'm not sure the staff thinks Davis will be able to contribute a lot next year. 

Curious as to your take on the staff’s outlook on Moore contributing a lot more next season? 

4 minutes ago, mike vannice said:

Thanks, long time reader/lurker first time posting... been a Hoosier fan since the days Tom Bolyard and the Van Arsdale twins. The news from yesterday has me very excited for next season. Just hope Juwan chooses to come back.

Was in high school during those years and loved those teams!

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

There was a reason he was projected in the 2019 draft. I saw with my own eyes his talent in open gym last summer. At times he was as good as anyone out there. What I like was that when he didn't pick up everything as quickly as he hoped he didn't pout, he didn't transfer, he is sticking with it and going to get better. Everyone is sleeping on him, but I think he will contribute this season. 

Now I can get excited about this! He appears to have athletic gifts but needs a couple go to moves to his strength. What do you see his strengths?

15 minutes ago, mike vannice said:

Thanks, long time reader/lurker first time posting... been a Hoosier fan since the days Tom Bolyard and the Van Arsdale twins. The news from yesterday has me very excited for next season. Just hope Juwan chooses to come back.

Hey, a fellow oldie and a goodie.  Bolyard was my golf instructor for one of my HPER classes back in '66-'67.

28 minutes ago, mike vannice said:

Do we have a shot at Trey Porter the Old Dominion grad-transfer?

Yes I think he is close to the top of the list. Questions is does he want to leave the Washington DC area