Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) SF Louis King to Oregon

Let's not get too carried away, he's also following Jalen Carey, Race Thompson, Cole Swider, Keion Brooks, James Wiseman and Darius Garland.  While it's a very positive sign - and an impressive group of kids -  I'm not ready to declare him as Marni's replacement as Chief Twitter Spy.

Let's not get too carried away, he's also following Jalen Carey, Race Thompson, Cole Swider, Keion Brooks, James Wiseman and Darius Garland.  While it's a very positive sign - and an impressive group of kids -  I'm not ready to declare him as Marni's replacement as Chief Twitter Spy.

I guess we miss out on Romeo but land the rest? A 2018 class of Carey and Garland would be prime Archie with two ball handlers. A few wings and an PF. Solid class.

7 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I guess we miss out on Romeo but land the rest? A 2018 class of Carey and Garland would be prime Archie with two ball handlers. A few wings and an PF. Solid class.

Romeo is followed by the official Men's Basketball account but not my Archie. 

7 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I don't believe Romeo is an active Twitter user so don't get overly concerned.  

One of the more versatile and productive prospects in the class of 2018 is Louis King. The five-star prospect for the most part has kept a low profile with his recruitment, but now he is beginning to pay closer attention to things and is thinking about making visits.
King possesses offers from schools such as Syracuse, Seton Hall, Indiana, NC State, Louisville, and St. John's. Also interest is coming in from Kentucky.

About his recruitment, King said, "I’ve been keeping in contact with a lot of colleges and just taking everything in. I plan on cutting down my list next year."
He continued, "I think I want to make a visit to Louisville, NC State, and Kentucky."

Louis King
6'8" / 195 lbs
SF RANK
NJ SF RANK
OFFERS
When asked about the Cardinals, King said, "The last time I spoke to them they wanted me to come out and visit, so I just want to see what the school has to offer."
New Head Coach Kevin Keatts at NC State has taken an aggressive approach on the recruiting trail, and he is selling King on what to expect from him and his team.
"Coach Keatts told me that he would let me run the show and be a running team that gets up and down the court and lets their players play," noted King of the Wolfpack.
At this point Kentucky has not offered, but they have tracked King closely and continue to be a school of interest for him.
About the Wildcats interest, King said, "I’ve been talking to Coach (Tony) Barbee. He just tells me that I need to be a leader on the court and show what I have."
Another school King says he might like to visit is Indiana, as new coach Archie Miller and his staff have begun to really turn up the attention.
"Coach (Bruiser) Flint has stayed in contact a lot lately," said King. "I really like the school, and that is another school I think I want to visit."
While King is planning to get to those schools, one place he has been a lot is Syracuse, and the Orange remain a major factor in this recruitment.
"I think I would fit in well with Syracuse," noted King. "It is a good school for me, they play zone, and it is right in my backyard."
For now King says he is in no hurry to issue a commitment and plans to take his time.
Brian snow article

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

26 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Not sure we ever really had a chance here but this adds to that notion.

Schools that will watch 2018 @TeamFinalHoops & @Hudson_Bball SF Louis King

Miami
Oregon
Kansas
Seton Hall
Kentucky
Louisville

Is this an exhaustive list, or just the known at this time?

34 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Not sure we ever really had a chance here but this adds to that notion.

Schools that will watch 2018 @TeamFinalHoops & @Hudson_Bball SF Louis King

Miami
Oregon
Kansas
Seton Hall
Kentucky
Louisville

Smart our time is limited, we can only go after so many.  The only long shot we should be pursuing is Romeo

Louis King top ten "coming soon" per his Twitter handle. Last I saw on him (June ) he mentioned IU as one he'd like to visit.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yeah, he might as well pick UK and save everyone the drama.

Yeah, he might as well pick UK and save everyone the drama.

Yeah, kinda wish he would've just done it already. I like to keep track of the recruiting game, even when 2 sleazy programs from our southern neighboring state and the University of No Classes rake in a lot of top talent. I feel like a glutton for punishment sometimes.

But soon.... We will feel the winds of change....

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app