Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

So not true diversity just percentage of African Americans then? 

Those are different fwiw

The original conversation was about black players and black students in particular.

3 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

I either need the season to start or to land a few of these 4 stars we are after.  This wait is getting unbearable 

3 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

I either need the season to start or to land a few of these 4 stars we are after.  This wait is getting unbearable 

I sure hope we land some of those 4 stars before the season starts!

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

The countdown clock is ticking!

Only 82 days until college basketball season officially begins..

Yes it is. Anyone know when we last got a solid 4 or 5 star commit before September?

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Bryant in April 2015

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I guess I didn't word that quite right, to base it on the fretting. When was the last time a 4 or 5 star verballed before Sept of their Senior year? I think Thomas commitment time would be like Romeo waiting until next April.

I guess I didn't word that quite right, to base it on the fretting. When was the last time a 4 or 5 star verballed before Sept of their Senior year? I think Thomas commitment time would be like Romeo waiting until next April.

Got it. Probably yogi, hollowell and hanner

5 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

http://www.insidethehall.com/2015/04/04/thomas-bryant-commits-to-indiana/

Committed April 4 which answer his question of who committed before September

I mean yeah, but all of our recruits are committed before September if you look at it like that. I understood his question as asking when the last time we had a recruit commit before the September of his senior year. Bryant graduated in 2015 so "committing before September" for him would've meant committing in September 2014. 

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/526878-destination-bloomington-crean-secures-another-five-star-recruit-for-iu
Yeah. Lol at this article about in state recruiting at the time.

That is funny. I'm sure a lot of similar articles might be written next year...

Just my opinion but I believe recruits are waiting longer to commit compared to in years past to get as much exposure as possible before they pick a school and see how the roster will look after early departures and transfers. Recruiting has definitely changed from when I first started following closely. In the B1G Michigan st is the only team with more then 2 commits at this time

15 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Just my opinion but I believe recruits are waiting longer to commit compared to in years past to get as much exposure as possible before they pick a school and see how the roster will look after early departures and transfers. Recruiting has definitely changed from when I first started following closely. In the B1G Michigan st is the only team with more then 2 commits at this time

Recruits are actually committing much faster this year compared to years past. Those that are in the top 100, anyway.