Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Class of '66 Old Fart

ND xfer PG, Now Assistant Coach Ali Patberg to IUWBB

Committed 4/23/17.

SOUTH BEND – Notre Dame’s depth chart took a hit on Monday.

Muffet McGraw announced that sophomore guard Ali Patberg and freshman forward Erin Boley will transfer following the spring semester.

Both are former national high school players of the year.

Patberg, the 2015 IndyStar Miss Basketball, played behind senior point guard Lindsay Allen, who set the program and ACC record for assists this season (282). The 5-10 guard from Columbus missed her freshman season after tearing her right ACL during a practice. Upon returning, Patberg played very little: Last season, she averaged 0.8 points and 0.5 assists in 7.7 minutes per game.

Ali Patberg, of Columbus North High School, the 2015 IndyStar Miss Basketball. (Photo: Frank Espich/The Star)

Boley, a 6-2 forward from Hodgenville, Ky., averaged 6.5 points and shot 39.5 percent from 3-point range — second-best on the team. She also racked up more playing time during the NCAA tournament after Brianna Turner tore her ACL, scoring 10 points per game.

Notre Dame had a heartbreaking end to its season, losing 76-75 to Stanford in the Elite Eight.

SOUTH BEND – Notre Dame’s depth chart took a hit on Monday.

Muffet McGraw announced that sophomore guard Ali Patberg and freshman forward Erin Boley will transfer following the spring semester.

Both are former national high school players of the year.

Patberg, the 2015 IndyStar Miss Basketball, played behind senior point guard Lindsay Allen, who set the program and ACC record for assists this season (282). The 5-10 guard from Columbus missed her freshman season after tearing her right ACL during a practice. Upon returning, Patberg played very little: Last season, she averaged 0.8 points and 0.5 assists in 7.7 minutes per game.

Ali Patberg, of Columbus North High School, the 2015 IndyStar Miss Basketball. (Photo: Frank Espich/The Star)

Boley, a 6-2 forward from Hodgenville, Ky., averaged 6.5 points and shot 39.5 percent from 3-point range — second-best on the team. She also racked up more playing time during the NCAA tournament after Brianna Turner tore her ACL, scoring 10 points per game.

Notre Dame had a heartbreaking end to its season, losing 76-75 to Stanford in the Elite Eight.

Any chance they migrate south??? Do we have room/need?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

37 minutes ago, hsrtxp said:

Any chance they migrate south??? Do we have room/need?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Sounds like Patberg might not be highly desirable given her injury and lackluster bounceback season.  At 6'2" maybe some interest in Boley from CTM.  Both will have to layout a year.

CCG whatcha think?     

Really, going to ask if there is a need for a former national player of the year and McDAA???  You go after both HARD, they would be perfect to slide in after Buss and Cahill graduate and if Patberg gets game and confidence back after the injuries it would be an upgrade at both spots.

Obviously Ali is from the area and played at Columbus and with Boley from just outside of Louisville and 2 of Louisvilles top players committed to the Hoosiers the next 2 years that could be a selling point to her.  Yes we should have room, had an open spot last year, lost 6 and bringing in 5, so should have 2 open right now

15 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Sounds like Patberg might not be highly desirable given her injury and lackluster bounceback season.  At 6'2" maybe some interest in Boley from CTM.  Both will have to layout a year.

CCG whatcha think?     

We need help this year. Hate to lose momentum. We have two open spots now with Elbert gone.

I split this out of the other thread.

http://www.therepublic.com/2017/04/11/patberg_transferring_from_notre_dame/

Ron Patberg said coaches from Michigan, Indiana University, Florida, Michigan State and Xavier have contacted an intermediary, but cannot contact Ali yet since she doesn’t have her official release.

Patberg said she was going to sit down with her family today or Monday and narrow down a list of schools to visit. She already knows of four schools she wants to visit, and they’re all in the Big Ten — Indiana University, Michigan, Michigan State and Northwestern.

http://www.therepublic.com/2017/04/16/a_really_hard_two_years/

On 4/16/2017 at 10:22 AM, ccgeneral said:

Patberg said she was going to sit down with her family today or Monday and narrow down a list of schools to visit. She already knows of four schools she wants to visit, and they’re all in the Big Ten — Indiana University, Michigan, Michigan State and Northwestern.

http://www.therepublic.com/2017/04/16/a_really_hard_two_years/

@Jon_Blau: Former Notre Dame (Columbus North) guard Ali Patberg will visit IU this weekend. Michigan, Northwestern, MSU currently on her list. #iuwbb

On 4/16/2017 at 5:48 PM, Hoosierfan31 said:

Heard a rumor which I really hope isn't true from a very reliable source about multiple transfers (4) about to happen in our wbb program which is going to hurt our chances to get Patberg I fear

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Or aid them if she sees a real opportunity to walk into a starting role and not have to fight for it with an entrenched veteran.    

This is slightly off topic..but does anyone read the hoosier sports report (formerly hoosier scoop) there are lots and lots of comments on the women's board..they are all very negative and shocking..I can't believe some of what I read on there!

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Can you give some examples

Ali has been named a finalist for the 2021-2022 Senior Class Award.  Although in Ali's case, Senior Citizen Class Award might be more apropos.   lol

https://www.seniorclassaward.com/news/view/mens_and_womens_basketball_finalists_announced_for_the_2021_22_senior_class_award