Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

opiej

Archie Miller's staff at Indiana will be Bruiser Flint, Tom Ostrom (Dayton) and Ed Schilling (UCLA),

7 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We can hope it was on Crean for not closing those deals or else they will be in the thick of it. Hard to know where to pass that blame.

Aren't they getting Orlando Antigua as well?

They have good reason to be optimistic if it's Underwood, Martin, Antigua.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Wouldn't we want it to be Martin dropping the ball? 

I agree that it is Chuck's job to get us in the door and Crean's to close. Illini have a solid staff as well. Sadly I expect us, them, MSU, Wisky and UM as well as Purdue to be the top of the B1G for awhile.

On another note there is a few people on twitter saying we wanted Travis Steele first and it was him or Schilling's job. Groce was never seriously considered due to wanting a HC job. I think we got the right guy definitely. Steele is a up and comer as well though. Steele and Schilling would have been an absolute monster of a staff.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I live in NC and the vast majority of the UNC and Duke fans don't even know who THEIR asst coaches are.

Sooo, that proves my point that these hires didn't put the rest of the college basketball world on notice that a sleeping giant has been awaken (paraphrasing the posters comments that I was commenting on) not many people outside of IU are even paying attention or care.... that was my point

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Sooo, that proves my point that these hires didn't put the rest of the college basketball world on notice that a sleeping giant has been awaken (paraphrasing the posters comments that I was commenting on) not many people outside of IU are even paying attention or care.... that was my point

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Inside baseball stuff.. very few follow it. The ones who do are the true diehards. Not as many of those as you would think these days.

Anyone on this board that now lives out of state can attest to the differences in avid/rabid followings.

8 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

It just occurred to me that it could have very well been an easy sell to get Schilling away from UCLA as he is big on player development.

I can only imagine dealing with LaVar Ball must have been a nightmare for him.

Lavar Ball is going to end up getting his sons hurt. If he makes some of the comments he makes now next season Lonzo is going to get targeted in the NBA.

2 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

Lavar Ball is going to end up getting his sons hurt. If he makes some of the comments he makes now next season Lonzo is going to get targeted in the NBA.

Agreed. 

Just gotta think that 

1) Working with an up and coming HC at a blue blood program and

2) Not having to deal with LaVar Ball for 2 more years

has got to be an easy decision for Schilling

1 minute ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Agreed. 

Just gotta think that 

1) Working with an up and coming HC at a blue blood program and

2) Not having to deal with LaVar Ball for 2 more years

has got to be an easy decision for Schilling

And an Adidas-branded blue blood at that.