Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

opiej

Archie Miller's staff at Indiana will be Bruiser Flint, Tom Ostrom (Dayton) and Ed Schilling (UCLA),

I like the Schilling hire, at least he has ties to the state.  Ostrom, I know nothing about.  Flint, I have clue why anyone is excited over that other than he was a bad head coach for a long time; that's not a 'top staff' type hire to me.

What? There is virtually zero buzz around IU and their assistant picks. Not saying they won't be great but I don't get the sense from any of my U.K. or Duke friends that they are aware for one of who we are adding and two that they are nervous.

This is 100% wait and see/they will need to prove they can get it done

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Who cares what UK and Duke fans say? Honestly, U of L is UK's biggest rival right now so their fans arent as focused on us and Duke will always care about UNC and have no clue why they would have interest in what were doing.

Ed Schilling is known on the recruiting trail and that is all that matters to me. He has 2 5 stars this year along w Riley who is top 50, he helped get 3 potential 1st round picks last year and a lot more. He coached Yogi Ferrell who you should know as well as Trevon Bluiett. Him alone honestly is better than whole staffs Crean had put together. Kenny Johnson was the only assistant and maybe McClain that was known here.

If Clif Marshall comes here full time he gives us the best S/C coach in the country.

Tom Ostrom and Bill Cromer are Archie's guys who he trust, which is vital for any staff.

Bruiser Flint knows the game and is a tough guy from Philly.

We have a truly amazing staff and I truly wouldn't pay attention to any staffs UK or Duke put together today and it surely wouldn't be something I immediately reacted to either.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

What? There is virtually zero buzz around IU and their assistant picks. Not saying they won't be great but I don't get the sense from any of my U.K. or Duke friends that they are aware for one of who we are adding and two that they are nervous.

This is 100% wait and see/they will need to prove they can get it done

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I live in NC and the vast majority of the UNC and Duke fans don't even know who THEIR asst coaches are.

42 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

Flint is the one that I know the least about, but from what others on here have said he was a good hire. I really don't see a weak link on our staff.

Anyone know if Elston is for sure staying?

Hopefully Flint and all the coaches have some good connections outside of Indiana when needed.