Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

opiej

Archie Miller's staff at Indiana will be Bruiser Flint, Tom Ostrom (Dayton) and Ed Schilling (UCLA),

I recall when Crean was hired he delayed hiring his staff, or at least Seltzer I think, so that they could recruit without NCAA restrictions for a couple weeks. 

Yeah I remember that delay as well and wondered about it but if he is still a UCLA employee wouldn't he be restricted anyway.

Yeah I remember that delay as well and wondered about it but if he is still a UCLA employee wouldn't he be restricted anyway.

Forgot about that as well. Only way Schilling could is if he was fired which UCLA would never do that. Cromer, Ostrom are still employed by Dayton too. Marshall looks like a done deal. Alex and a few others from IU followed him on twitter. Same with Schilling.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I think you can operate in the gray without being willing to dance with the devil, so to speak.
If all we were to do is foster the promise of a marketing or endorsement deal after a player decides to turn pro, then that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.  To me it's just business.  It's a business deciding to invest in its future by promoting a product via the likeness of a player.  As long as there's no money being exchanged, only a "handshake agreement", then that's different.
What I absolutely don't want us to do, though, is to become a magnet for the countless "advisors" and "uncles" of top-rated kids looking to score deals through the kid's pick of a school as well.  I don't want IU to become known as a place where one of those guys can cash in on a kid they simply see as their meal ticket.

Marshall is also now following the IUMBB twitter.

Big time move by Archie. People can say what they want about Fred, but say we got Billy D for 7 or 8 million we aren't able to afford a great staff. With Archie and paying 3.5 for him that left the possibility of a top level staff. Looks like that is what we are getting too. Fred and Archie obviously had a great plan in place for when the move happened and it is working out very well so far. Besides possibly Groce which I dont think was ever gonna happen I think we got a better staff then we thought was possible.

Big time move by Archie. People can say what they want about Fred, but say we got Billy D for 7 or 8 million we aren't able to afford a great staff. With Archie and paying 3.5 for him that left the possibility of a top level staff. Looks like that is what we are getting too. Fred and Archie obviously had a great plan in place for when the move happened and it is working out very well so far. Besides possibly Groce which I dont think was ever gonna happen I think we got a better staff then we thought was possible.

If Schilling and Marshall are legitimately on our staff then I think we have an incredible staff. I've not been this excited over assistant coaches in well forever. Lol

Forgot about that as well. Only way Schilling could is if he was fired which UCLA would never do that. Cromer, Ostrom are still employed by Dayton too. Marshall looks like a done deal. Alex and a few others from IU followed him on twitter. Same with Schilling.

Who is Marshall?

If Schilling and Marshall are legitimately on our staff then I think we have an incredible staff. I've not been this excited over assistant coaches in well forever. Lol

I feel the same. Been checking this thread and twitter constantly for official news. I have also subscribed to all of Marshall and Schilling's tweets lol. Like you said as excited as I have been for a staff in well ever lol.

Not too familiar with Marshall. What is it about him that is better than our previous guys.