Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

opiej

Archie Miller's staff at Indiana will be Bruiser Flint, Tom Ostrom (Dayton) and Ed Schilling (UCLA),

22 minutes ago, Josh said:

There was media reporting about Billy Donovan too.

All I'm saying is it was pure speculation. It wasn't happening.

To be honest, I don't remember one legitimate media source reporting anything about Donovan. It was just websites and chat rooms going off their rockers. But I agree, Donovan to IU wasn't happening. 

1 hour ago, Alford Bailey said:

Ed Schilling is a leap into the dark side of basketball recruiting. Which Im fine with by the way. What you have to do to win and the NCAA has become a joke so no fear there.

That's a hell of a stretch to say that about Schilling.  What has he been penalized for by the NCAA?

From what I understand, he doesn't have a history of major or even minor transgressions with the NCAA, so why is hiring him considered "a leap into the dark side of basketball recruiting"?

13 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

That's a hell of a stretch to say that about Schilling.  What has he been penalized for by the NCAA?

From what I understand, he doesn't have a history of major or even minor transgressions with the NCAA, so why is hiring him considered "a leap into the dark side of basketball recruiting"?

Who said he was penalized? Schilling has a reputation of "getting things done" which Im fine with. Tells me we are "all in" when it comes to recruiting and I know his father in law well so all good.

6 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Who said he was penalized? Schilling has a reputation of "getting things done" which Im fine with. Tells me we are "all in" when it comes to recruiting and I know his father in law well so all good.

Well when someone says hiring him is a leap into the dark side of recruiting, to me that suggests that he's done some shady things and has been penalized for it.  I would reserve a phrase like that for Larry Brown, Kelvin Sampson, John Calipari, Eddie Sutton, etc.

Maybe you meant that he operates in the gray.

8 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Well when someone says hiring him is a leap into the dark side of recruiting, to me that suggests that he's done some shady things and has been penalized for it.  I would reserve a phrase like that for Larry Brown, Kelvin Sampson, John Calipari, Eddie Sutton, etc.

Maybe you meant that he operates in the gray.

Yea yea gray area......thats what I meant.

FWIW heard a local HS coach go on a 5 minute tirade recently about what went on at Park Tudor under Schilling. Really nothing that doesnt happen at most big time HS programs though.

FWIW heard a local HS coach go on a 5 minute tirade recently about what went on at Park Tudor under Schilling. Really nothing that doesnt happen at most big time HS programs though.

Wonder how many other Indiana coaches feel this way? Schilling, if brought in, would presumably be the guy to help us do better in the state.

Besides David Grace, Schilling was responsible for mostly all of UCLA's kids. Which is a bunch of highly ranked kids. I will not give anyone credit for the Ball's but USC was a contender. They wanted to be in LA. Plain and simple.

It seems like big bro and Calipari have been pretty good references for these guys. Schilling worked with Cal at Umass and Nets as well. I just want our staff to finally be announced so we can get these guys on the road.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Success brings plenty of hate sadly. Heck Southwood was an okay school and then we poached Marion's PG and made it to semi state to get beat by Yogi and Schilling. It happens EVERYWHERE. La Lumiere does it as well.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Fkfootball1 said:

With IUs luck, we will give a kid $500 dollars to come to IU, and the NCAA will hit us with the death penalty.

Sent from my SM-G935P using BtownBanners mobile app

If we don't self report I doubt it.  Even with Sampson making too many phone calls IU self-reported and self-imposed the sanctions, the NCAA accepted.