Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

opiej

Archie Miller's staff at Indiana will be Bruiser Flint, Tom Ostrom (Dayton) and Ed Schilling (UCLA),

54 minutes ago, HoosierRich said:

Not a big Groce fan on a personal level. He taught at my high school in the 90's and was asked to resign because he was sleeping with a student (a senior who was 18....so not illegal, but highly unethical)

Actually that IS illegal.  Even if a girl is 18, you can't have a sexual relationship with someone who you're in a position of authority over.

Also, I don't believe that at all.  If this was true, he would never be a Division 1 coach.  He would fail every background check on him.

54 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Looks like he went from being a player to an assistant coach at Taylor. When was he at a HS?

He was a teacher at Hamilton Southeastern High School in the mid 90's.....this is fact. Here is a thread from a Butler message board talking about his "indiscretion" This was well known amongst us students. 

http://buhoops.yuku.com/topic/1991/John-Groce#.WOBuqOv3arU

25 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Actually that IS illegal.  Even if a girl is 18, you can't have a sexual relationship with someone who you're in a position of authority over.

Also, I don't believe that at all.  If this was true, he would never be a Division 1 coach.  He would fail every background check on him.

You don't have to believe me....but it is true. As I stated in another post, here is even a Butler message board from several years ago talking about it.

5 minutes ago, HoosierRich said:

You don't have to believe me....but it is true. As I stated in another post, here is even a Butler message board from several years ago talking about it.

OK but a poster said he would have been 22 at the time.  That's a huge detail that was left out of the earlier claim.

Come on, let's be honest.  If I was a student teacher at 22 years old, I'd probably be slaying all kinds of legal-age high school girls too as long as they weren't my students.  That's not a big deal at all.

OK but a poster said he would have been 22 at the time.  That's a huge detail that was left out of the earlier claim.
Come on, let's be honest.  If I was a student teacher at 22 years old, I'd probably be slaying all kinds of legal-age high school girls too as long as they weren't my students.  That's not a big deal at all.

That's a great way to never get hired as a teacher. Also highly unethical, pretty gross, and against every single school's rules. It's a huge deal.

3 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

I am curious why you so vehemently stated how it would be illegal and went into the fact he would have been in a position of authority and then reversed course and defended the action......his "position of authority" didn't change, regardless of age.

He was a teacher at Hamilton Southeastern High School in the mid 90's.....this is fact. Here is a thread from a Butler message board talking about his "indiscretion" This was well known amongst us students. 

Sounds like two people assumed and someone that knew him had never heard that and would be shocked if it were true. Sounds like a lot of teenagers assuming stuff back then and being completely full of ****.