Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

opiej

Archie Miller's staff at Indiana will be Bruiser Flint, Tom Ostrom (Dayton) and Ed Schilling (UCLA),

Someone make me feel better about why UK fans would want him...

As despicable as UK fans are, UK fans want to win above all else.

They had respect for him that he could help them win. It's not a bad thing.

I think it's a good addition.

So, 2 more assistants and a DBO??

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

17 minutes ago, hoosierbannerd said:

Someone make me feel better about why UK fans would want him...

Because he's great, passionate guy who is loved in the hoops world by just about everybody. 

While he might have not been the best head coach, not all coaches are meant to be HC and that may very well be the case with him that said innthe past he has been known as a great right hand for the HC. 

I love this hire, great recruiter who will help get this team playing hard on D. 

2 minutes ago, HOOsier Thunder said:

Second?

Rabjohns says Flint is the second of three expected assistant hires.  Did I miss something?  Who is the first?

Maybe he means we havent hire our top assistant yet?  Dunno everytime I see Rabjohns now I think "Crean Will be retained".

I'm personally ready to have coaches back on the sidelines that demand respect.  Demand the game be played the way it's been laid out for the players.  Coaches that will get in the refs ear if things aren't going our way.  Coaches that will get in our players ear when they they screw up.  Tough love is still love.  Just in a,way that says I mean freakin' business.  I'm tired of the babying crap that goes on these days.

Bruiser Flint won 331 games as a head coach and was the CAA Coach of the Year four times ('02, '04, '09 and '12.) Was a former assistant to who might be the greatest recruiter in college basketball history.
If that's not an impressive enough resume for an assistant's position, then I'm not sure what is.
Now, need a guy with ties to the state...

Greatest recruiter, u talking when he was at umass? Calapari

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, RedsIUfan said:

I know this is immature of me but one thing I thought when they dismissed Crean was...I want a coach who when I read his lips on the sidelines I see an occasional f-bomb!!! I want to see an occasional "motherf***er" directed at a ref! I know, I know...I'm terribly immature for a 51 y/o but I wanna see raw emotion sometimes. 

I think a lot of us want that. I want guys on the sideline that command respect, not guys that are walking memes. I want other fans to think **** when they see us on their schedule and see our coaching staff. 

I want coaches that make us a tough, nasty team that other teams hate having to play against. I think Bruiser fits that mold. 

Rabjohns said Bruiser was the 2nd of 3 hires on our staff and that they would be announced soon. I know Ostrom is one as well. That is a head coach with a great record and solid recruiter and another guy who recruited some great players at UF and learned under Billy D for 4 years and then made some big moves at Dayton. That is a great staff so far and I am curious to see who get the Director of Basketball Operations position. I think Elston sticks around as well. S/C coach will be key too. I like Lyonel but not acting as a head coach during games. He needs to be restrained to practices only and I would not have an issue keeping him on staff.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

10 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Rabjohns said Bruiser was the 2nd of 3 hires on our staff and that they would be announced soon. I know Ostrom is one as well. That is a head coach with a great record and solid recruiter and another guy who recruited some great players at UF and learned under Billy D for 4 years and then made some big moves at Dayton. That is a great staff so far and I am curious to see who get the Director of Basketball Operations position. I think Elston sticks around as well. S/C coach will be key too. I like Lyonel but not acting as a head coach during games. He needs to be restrained to practices only and I would not have an issue keeping him on staff.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Don't think you'll be seeing either of the latter mentioned