Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

opiej

Archie Miller's staff at Indiana will be Bruiser Flint, Tom Ostrom (Dayton) and Ed Schilling (UCLA),

I think one of the assistants should be an Indiana guy for sure. Whether it's a former player or a guy with close ties or what, but a guy from the state should be an assistant for sure. I think we should have a lead recruiter/player devoloper, maybe someone even like Lorenzo Romar or Groce, just a coach who can help Archie on the recruiting trail while also developing the guys and creating even the 3 stars to be useful Big Ten players. And then an X's and O's guy who can help out Archie and be his right hand man almost. A coach with good experience who knows the game inside and out. I'm not sure who really picks the assistants and how many of them there are, but I think there should be a guy for each one of those categories.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

24 minutes ago, biteoftheapple said:

CAM could use someone with local HS and AAU clout. But Schilling has some issues.

LOL, had our local HS basketball banquet this week and our head coach spends 5 minutes on Schilling and how we dont operate that way.

I definitely wouldn't mind having Groce as an assistant.

Groce is a nice choice. Would give him the perfect job to get a major gig again. If he goes mid major he has to build it. Here he comes in and if we have success he is back in power 5. If not he is probably a high paid assistant. Win win. Specially if he brings Tilmon with him and opens the La Lumiere pipeline back up. Shane Hiermann should get a call but honestly I want him to pick the guys that fit his model more than anything and one guy that is an elite recruiter. Dont care where they come from. If it is an IU guy I want Aj Guyton or Jared Jeffries. Jeffries would be a home run hire.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

35 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

I definitely wouldn't mind having Groce as an assistant.

Agree. Might also keep us in the Mark Smith recruitment.

Sean Miller got John Groce hired as an assistant at North Carolina state. They are close friends. John coached Archie there. Obvious connection there. He would be a great recruiter for Indiana.

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

You can expect at least one of the IU assistants to be one of his UD assistants. Isn't that a given?

Kevin Kuwik is an Indiana native. I would think that he will very much want in with IUBB.

According to his bio he is from NY.