Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2018) SF - Jerome Hunter to IU

I just watched some of his highlights too. He has good athleticism, but his game doesn't seem to rely on it which is good. He does a good job of following his shot. There were a few clips of him posting up. Running him at 2 guard and designing plays to get him post touches could create some mismatch advantages. 

I just watched some of his highlights too. He has good athleticism, but his game doesn't seem to rely on it which is good. He does a good job of following his shot. There were a few clips of him posting up. Running him at 2 guard and designing plays to get him post touches could create some mismatch advantages. 

Reminds me of UNC Justin Jackson.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

This kid is impressive from that highlight you can tell a lot.

Has a nice floater.

Can get into the lane when he needs to.

Good shooter

Doesn't seem to force bad shots.

Great off the ball movement

He should be working on his ball handling, strength and honing his skills he holds already and I could see him being a top 30 player by the end of this season.

This kid is impressive from that highlight you can tell a lot.

Has a nice floater.

Can get into the lane when he needs to.

Good shooter

Doesn't seem to force bad shots.

Great off the ball movement

He should be working on his ball handling, strength and honing his skills he holds already and I could see him being a top 30 player by the end of this season.

Man, he's long.Looks like he could carry another 20 pounds or so too.This kid could end up scary good.

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app

Watching some highlights of him. It appears we're going with modern day basketball by having players that can play multiple positions. 

I like his ability to stretch the floor while showing he's quick enough to attack the basket. Would like to see him add some weight as well as grow a couple more inches. I like his potential. 

4 hours ago, Treesh said:

Watching some highlights of him. It appears we're going with modern day basketball by having players that can play multiple positions. 

I like his ability to stretch the floor while showing he's quick enough to attack the basket. Would like to see him add some weight as well as grow a couple more inches. I like his potential. 

Which I think is the right way to go. I know some people are down on "positionless" basketball because of Crean, but that's not really what Crean ran. It might have been his goal, but he never got there. 

Crean ran more 3-guard lineups, which I hated personally. Positionless is more a pg, a big, and then a bunch of interchangeable guys between 6'5ish and 6'8ish that can all handle, shoot and drive, while defending multiple positions. IU never really had that under Crean. 

19 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I feel like Crean ran role-less basketball. The guys out there didn't have a specific role and it led to a lot of confusion. Archie might not have a defined position for each player, say whether a player is labeled a 3 or a 4, but I think that they will all know what their roles are when they're on the court. 

It leads to things like 6-10 guys leading the break (and getting their pockets picked) and 5-11 guys guarding a center. At the end of the day, you're just not putting guys in a position to succeed.

From everything I've heard and read, CAM knows exactly the types of players he is looking for and what their specific roles will be. They will be put in a position to succeed, and in turn, have fewer TO's, defensive lapses, and better understanding of exactly what they need to do to help the team be successful.

6 minutes ago, bigrod said:

It leads to things like 6-10 guys leading the break (and getting their pockets picked) and 5-11 guys guarding a center. At the end of the day, you're just not putting guys in a position to succeed.

From everything I've heard and read, CAM knows exactly the types of players he is looking for and what their specific roles will be. They will be put in a position to succeed, and in turn, have fewer TO's, defensive lapses, and better understanding of exactly what they need to do to help the team be successful.

Well said. I wonder how Archie feels right now, for the most part having little trouble getting recruits he wants. And with any success at all, it's just going to get easier for him. A bit different than Dayton.

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

#100 in the black jersey is slick. Who is that?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or not..