Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Capt. Crimson

IUBB Offseason Topic

13 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Correct.. and DD who's improvement was awesome, but.. was a tad inflated because he got zero off-season work last year. Had to take a class plus had two injuries I believe.

Exactly, I imagine not getting here so late last season might have helped him later on in the season. I'm trying to temper my expectations but he could be in for a really big season.

Lol!
Why that was allowed by a head coach is beyond me.  Hopefully that mind set goes away.
I think Clif will have the common decency to know his role on the bench.

Completely agree. Against UL in person this last season he drove me nuts. The TV doesn't do his antics justice.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, mdn82 said:

Completely agree. Against UL in person this last season he drove me nuts. The TV doesn't do his antics justice.

Speaking of UofL, try watching their strength coach, Ray Ganong, during a game.  It is quite comical.

IMG_0269.JPG

2 hours ago, 8bucks said:

Rojo playing well in a D.C. Summer league. Not sure if the twitter link shows up so I took a picture too

ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1501638983.284679.jpg

Looks like a video attached. i looked up his twitter account and didn't see it. Can you paste in a link?

Side note: same account retweeted a Mo Creek video... https://www.instagram.com/p/BXN3xc5FBqG/

1 minute ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Looks like a video attached. i looked up his twitter account and didn't see it. Can you paste in a link?

Side note: same account retweeted a Mo Creek video... https://www.instagram.com/p/BXN3xc5FBqG/

FOUND IT: https://twitter.com/The6ixthMan_/status/892348940183633922

Juwan Morgan will be involved with this years Adidas Nations.

Also if you listened to Assembly Call last night there was a projection of him leaving after this year. He must be having a good offseason. I think the kid has All B1G talent just think he is too much of a swiss army knife to make one part of his game really good.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Juwan Morgan will be involved with this years Adidas Nations.

Also if you listened to Assembly Call last night there was a projection of him leaving after this year. He must be having a good offseason. I think the kid has All B1G talent just think he is too much of a swiss army knife to make one part of his game really good.

He's a very good student who could very well have his degree after this year.

• Develop as a basketball player as much as possible at the college level? Check
  • Get your degree? Check

When those two checklist items are complete, it might be time to move on.

He's a very good student who could very well have his degree after this year.
  • Develop as a basketball player as much as possible at the college level? Check
  • Get your degree? Check
Then it might be time to move on.

I agree. Haven't really seen him on any mocks, but as we all know plenty of kids that aren't on them even at the start of the season, make it at the end and get drafted. I really want him & Davis to be here next year though.

I still think Juwan is the perfect player for Archie's system. He'll be able to maximize his abilities this year because he'll be put in the right spots. He's my dark horse for potentially being the best player on the team. 

I think he needs to show a better shooting touch than he did last year, but if he can, watch out. I do agree with the Swiss army post above though. Juwan could be one of those great college players that I don't see ever really being on the NBA's radar because he doesn't have a skill that sticks out.

If anyone is familiar with Dayton basketball I believe Juwan is very similar to Dyshawn Pierre from a few years ago. Like morgan, Pierre was a do-it-all forward and really excelled on the offensive side under Miller. Almost got drafted too

I still think Juwan is the perfect player for Archie's system. He'll be able to maximize his abilities this year because he'll be put in the right spots. He's my dark horse for potentially being the best player on the team. 

I think he needs to show a better shooting touch than he did last year, but if he can, watch out. I do agree with the Swiss army post above though. Juwan could be one of those great college players that I don't see ever really being on the NBA's radar because he doesn't have a skill that sticks out.

Really like the Swiss army knife comparison.I said all last season Morgan was our best all around player.

He got lost on defense a few times , but hell who didnt? I think Archie simplifies that and Juwan excels.He has all the tools to be a great defensive player.

Sent from my LGL41C using BtownBanners mobile app