Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2017) PG McKinley Wright to Colorado

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Indiana, Butler, Baylor, Tennessee, Colorado are among schools to reach out to former Dayton signee McKinley Wright. Received release today.
@jeffborzello
Interesting

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Did you see what the Dayton beat writer wrote in the comments?

David Jablonski‏Verified account @DavidPJablonski

Replying to @sullymygoodname @handsomeghost and 2 others

I don't think he'll go to IU because some UD fan changed his avatar to an IU logo and started saying bad things about him. Really.

Did you see what the Dayton beat writer wrote in the comments?

David Jablonski‏Verified account @DavidPJablonski
Replying to @sullymygoodname @handsomeghost and 2 others
I don't think he'll go to IU because some UD fan changed his avatar to an IU logo and started saying bad things about him. Really.

People who tweet these kids negative things like that make me sad.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This isn't happening unless we have a mass exodus that is unexpected or CAM is a less organized recruiter that Crean. I'm going with this is fake news that people are just trying to connect him to Archie and these people haven't even looked at the scholarship situation.

Crystal Ball picks aren't worth much. The system gives participants points based on a correct pick, and gives you more points the earlier that pick was made. There's no penalty for switching your pick, so the incentive is pick a school as early as possible based on your best guess at the time, and change it when you have more information.

Jerry Meyer does this all the time. He'll switch a pick from one school to another, not because he thinks the recruit will commit to the new pick, but to get away from the previous school. Meyer switched Wilkes from Indiana to Michigan when he heard information that led him to believe Wilkes wouldn't be coming here. He had to change that pick again just a few weeks later when Michigan didn't even make Wilkes' top five. Meyer wasn't picking Michigan based on any inside information; he was just picking a new school because he had to pick someone, anyone, after his original pick was no longer likely.

So the path of least resistance is to pick Indiana for McKinley Wright, because that's where the coach who recruited him is now located. It's the best guess for someone on the outside looking in, someone who has no inside information about Indiana basketball, Indiana recruiting, or even Indiana scholarship numbers. You can always change your pick later when there's more information available. And of course, if you see the herd moving in one direction, it never hurts to follow along with your own prediction.

Unless the analyst can tell you why he made his pick, the Crystal Ball is meaningless.

Edited by Maedhros

xxxx player is not coming to IU per Crystal Ball. That thing is worthless, he is coming!

xxxx player is coming to IU per crystal ball. That thing is worthless. He is not coming here.

Why pay attention to it then?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

xxxx player is not coming to IU per Crystal Ball. That thing is worthless, he is coming!

xxxx player is coming to IU per crystal ball. That thing is worthless. He is not coming here.

Why pay attention to it then?

Exactly. Especially since most are just guessing. I've said it a million times but I'll take CCG and Pap over anyone else when it comes to IU recruiting.

11 hours ago, mdn82 said:

Why pay attention to it then? emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

I only pay attention a few hours before the announcement because that's when the information has a tendency to get leaked out and everyone tries to jump on board.

I wanted to bump this thread because I've seen some posters insinuate that IU fans would have been very upset to land him. Looking through this thread, I only see a couple people disparaging him, and mostly good reaction to him.