Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

AZ Hoosier

Archie MIller Press Conference

Anyone see Dan Dakich's interview on RTV6 from the other night? He's so passive aggressive and comes across as a huge ******.
I get that some people may have wanted an IU guy, but I doubt any kid coming out of high school in 2017 really cares about Steve Alford. The 'Indiana guy' thing is overrated. Might be nice to have a couple on the staff, but I don't think it's the difference between landing a 5 star recruit or not. 
[/url]  

Damn you! You suckered me into listening to DD. That's something I try to avoid at all costs. One thing about DD, if you don't like what he's saying, give it a few minutes and he'll contradict himself a few times. I think he just does that so he can always say he was right. What a windbag that guy is...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Dakich in one sentence sounds like he wants no part of being affiliated with IU anymore and in the next sentence sounds like he is all for whatever decision they make.  Just doesn't come across to me as an Alum at all.  

- I didn't like the Inside Out philosophy. Don't get me wrong, I love the concept, I just don't think it is really how he feels. That was the only part of the press conference that made me feel like he was saying a little BS, although he kinda needed to say that. He may follow through with it, but it kind of seemed like lip service. He's a big time coach. Those guys want whoever will fit their system and could care less where they are from.

Agreed 100%. Felt like this part was him bending to the expectations of the job.

20 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Agreed 100%. Felt like this part was him bending to the expectations of the job.

I'll have to disagree. I think he gets it. That doesn't mean he will ignore the rest of the country, but I think we will see an increased effort to recruit Indiana.

23 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

One of the beat writers or someone on here shared an article on Archie and Sean recruiting at U of Arizona and their philosophy there wasn't too far off. They concentrated on their region 1 st in all recruiting so here won't be too different honestly. I think he gets that IU has lost influence and any sway in the state. Seemed to hint at Crean expecting things because "Its Indiana". Miller is going to work. I don't think his inside out philosophy means he ignores national recruiting but when you have the recruiting budget that we do, but aren't getting classes that reflect that budget there is a problem. Especially if in the immediate area we have so many high level recruits, we should be getting a good amount of them each year

11 hours ago, IU Hoosier41 said:

Loved the press conference. Said the things you want to hear from a BASKETBALL COACH. I'd make that font bigger if I could. We got the guy I so badly wanted in 2015. Couldn't be more excited about our future. This offseason should fly by with updates and changes in recruiting to follow.

Now to the negatives:
- its small and stupid, but I've always had a pet peeve against people who don't smile. Like ever. Even in pictures. LOL, I'm dumb, just throwing it out there.

- I didn't like the Inside Out philosophy. Don't get me wrong, I love the concept, I just don't think it is really how he feels. That was the only part of the press conference that made me feel like he was saying a little BS, although he kinda needed to say that. He may follow through with it, but it kind of seemed like lip service. He's a big time coach. Those guys want whoever will fit their system and could care less where they are from.

99% positive from me, just 1% nit picking. Can't wait to see him cut down the net without a smile at Indians soon!

The lack of any smile also caught my attention but I don't know if that's his usual demeanor in a public setting or if it was, in part, nervousness at his first IU presser and the quite large crowd that showed up.  Like 41, it's a nitpicking point, but a couple of smiles would have been nice.

As for the Inside Out philosophy, it's what many people want to hear but I immediately flashed back to FCTC's first presser and he basically said the same thing and it never really materialized except for the Bowel Movement class.  I don't have to have a roster comprised of 8+ Indiana kids, but I want to stop the outflow of the very best talent to other schools.

Final thought after going back and listening a second time.  CAM is not going to be a drum beater look at me coach.  I don't see him trying to always keep the focus on himself.

13 minutes ago, Travis Scott said:

You guys know Crean's still there right? Like the man from the closet in "Real Genius". If you've never seen the movie, watch now and you're welcome.

DUUUUUDDDEEEE. That is my GO TO 80's movie. Val Kilmer rules in that one. "He's got his name on his license plate. My mom does the same thing to my underwear. Val: Your mom puts license plates in your underwear? How do you sit?" HAHAHA

4 minutes ago, Capt. Crimson said:

Watched the first minute of the Will Wade LSU press conference as it came on right after the Archie conference on YouTube. My BS meter was going off and it just felt so much less genuine than Archie. We are lucky to have Archie.

Oh wow. I watched a little of Will Wade and it was pretty uncomfortably schlocky. "I want to thank my wife, Lauren. She's my best recruit! (giggles)"

Yeesh

9 minutes ago, Travis Scott said:

I think everyone's kind of looking at the in-state recruiting backwards.  There's a good chance that kids are now willing to look at IU when they previously just simply dismissed Crean.  

There may be some of that, but I also remember stories about some quality Indiana kids not even getting a phone call from Crean.

Oh wow. I watched a little of Will Wade and it was pretty uncomfortably schlocky. "I want to thank my wife, Lauren. She's my best recruit! (giggles)"
Yeesh

That diamond ring screams impermissible benefits if you ask me. Fraud NCAA won't do anything though.

My God... still have this Will Wade conference up. If you want to see the complete opposite of the Archie conference give it a watch. Phew.

I thought maybe you were exaggerating but wow that was so cringey, straight up sales man style like trying to pitch some great product I couldn't watch the rest of it

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I thought maybe you were exaggerating but wow that was so cringey, straight up sales man style like trying to pitch some great product I couldn't watch the rest of it

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Once he started yelling like he was giving a sermon I was done. Lol