Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

AZ Hoosier

Archie MIller Press Conference

I couldn't care less about any other school in the state. I want B1G championships and banners. Competing with the the schools in Indiana should be far below the level we are at.

Believe he was making fun of Purdue for calling themselves State Champs. Could be off base though.

9 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

I couldn't care less about any other school in the state. I want B1G championships and banners. Competing with the the schools in Indiana should be far below the level we are at.

I just wanted to take a jab at Purdue and their "state champs" tweet from a few days ago, I agree though. I want us comparing ourselves to  and competing against Duke, Kansas, UNC, UK, etc. We need to start having a national presence again. I want Archie to be able to walk into a 5 star kid's living room and have "Indiana" hold the same weight as those other top schools. 

I just wanted to take a jab at Purdue and their "state champs" tweet from a few days ago, I agree though. I want us comparing ourselves to  and competing against Duke, Kansas, UNC, UK, etc. We need to start having a national presence again. I want Archie to be able to walk into a 5 star kid's living room and have "Indiana" hold the same weight as those other top schools. 

Whoops. My bad. Lol

So many things make me happy about the press conference. Haven't watched it all yet. 

Love that we will shore up our backyard and then expand outward makes perfect sense. And he has the connections to do it. 

Love the fact we will still play a fun exciting offense. Just more disciplined with better value of the ball. 

Love the fact he wants to build the best coaching staff in the country. He said and I think he meant it. 

Love the fact we will play an OoC schedule that resembles a big ten team. 

He said he will not oversign and will keep a couple spots open typically to be flexible.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

So...did you and I interpret his answer differently or did I miss the part where he gave a hard "no"?

Because my interpretation of his answer says he would because he knows players go pro early and transfer.

I just hope he doesn't over schedule us the first year or two before he gets his players in. He doesn't know how brutal the big ten season can be.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Would he have enough time this year to change the schedule that much?

So...did you and I interpret his answer differently or did I miss the part where he gave a hard "no"?

Because my interpretation of his answer says he would because he knows players go pro early and transfer.

"I will only keep 12-13 kids on scholarship. Our rotation will run 9-10 deep. If we have more than that kids won't be happy. We have to have flexibility." Yeah we definitely interpreted two completely opposite things. I don't think anyone interpreted the way you did. Which is fine.

"I will only keep 12-13 kids on scholarship. Our rotation will run 9-10 deep. If we have more than that kids won't be happy. We have to have flexibility." Yeah we definitely interpreted two completely opposite things. I don't think anyone interpreted the way you did. Which is fine.

He also said he understands that kids go pro early and that transfers happen. Did you get that quote from a transcript? Do you have the whole quote? I'm just going from memory here. I'd like to see it again for discussion purposes.

58 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Would he have enough time this year to change the schedule that much?

Besides the stuff we're contracted to (Gavitt, B1G/ACC, Crossroads, Clear Heels), he should have about 6-7 games to make his own mark. I'm sure all but 1 at most will be at the S.S. Assembly considering the Gavitt and ACC games are likely to be away. I'm not sure if we still have another home game left with Ft Wayne or if that deal was done after going up north. 

He also said he understands that kids go pro early and that transfers happen. Did you get that quote from a transcript? Do you have the whole quote? I'm just going from memory here. I'd like to see it again for discussion purposes.

I think he was discussing that with the flexibility of signing the 12-13. If someone were to leave he could go the grad transfer route or get an impact talent if one were available.

Besides the stuff we're contracted to (Gavitt, B1G/ACC, Crossroads, Clear Heels), he should have about 6-7 games to make his own mark. I'm sure all but 1 at most will be at the S.S. Assembly considering the Gavitt and ACC games are likely to be away. I'm not sure if we still have another home game left with Ft Wayne or if that deal was done after going up north. 

I agree, I was just talking about this upcoming season. Wondering if they could do much at this point.

I just hope he doesn't over schedule us the first year or two before he gets his players in. He doesn't know how brutal the big ten season can be.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I think he'll take it in steps.He said he wanted to play Arizona but not till its good for both.Wouldnt want a @$$ kicking from big bro.

5 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I think he was discussing that with the flexibility of signing the 12-13. If someone were to leave he could go the grad transfer route or get an impact talent if one were available.

A couple different interpretations.  Either way, he didn't give a hard no or yes, so I'm thinking he's going with a maybe.  Imo, he needs to explore that option and it sounds like he's open to it.

I'll take an over schedule. Load it up! I got so many of them cupcake games still on DVR from the past 9 years that haven't even been watched yet. Go hard or go home.

Izzo and Mich St are a good example.They lose a few early and casual fans go off the deep end.The ones that know realize how much tougher his teams are late because of it.I absolutely hated the way we scheduled under Crean.

Anyone see Dan Dakich's interview on RTV6 from the other night? He's so passive aggressive and comes across as a huge ******.

I get that some people may have wanted an IU guy, but I doubt any kid coming out of high school in 2017 really cares about Steve Alford. The 'Indiana guy' thing is overrated. Might be nice to have a couple on the staff, but I don't think it's the difference between landing a 5 star recruit or not.