Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

AZ Hoosier

Archie MIller Press Conference

23 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

Wowwwwwwww......I am very much warming up to the higher and getting excited, but that is just ridiculous. 

I call that a precision strike! We shouldn't have offer everyone and their brother. Especially if they were called and had NO interest. This is Indiana.

Any time the job is open you make a call to Boston and you OFFER him the job. Period. If/when he says no oh well. You tried. Not even making that call is ridiculous. You make the call and you make him say no. Now to be clear before I have people jump down my throat. I DO NOT HATE THIS HIRE. I am very much getting excited about it after the initial "meh" response I had. I just find it ridiculous that Fred didn't make an offer to a big time guy. Especially after his presser to start the process. 

You know if Brad Stevens would think about it before you offer.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Any time the job is open you make a call to Boston and you OFFER him the job. Period. If/when he says no oh well. You tried. Not even making that call is ridiculous. You make the call and you make him say no. Now to be clear before I have people jump down my throat. I DO NOT HATE THIS HIRE. I am very much getting excited about it after the initial "meh" response I had. I just find it ridiculous that Fred didn't make an offer to a big time guy. Especially after his presser to start the process. 

He never said he didn't call. Fred or whoever did the reaching out could've been told as soon as the phone was picked up that he wasn't interested.

I couldn't give a $hit about what the players think.  Most will be gone within 2-3 years, anyway.  Frank Martin kicked 3 kids off his team.  They're doing okay.  IU was far better a year ago without Blackmon.  Sometimes, you do what's best for your program; even if it means you don't have a kid who might be able to score a few points.   

Pragmatism is probably the best course of action as a new guy coming in trying to mend relationships with the state, fans, and coaches. I think he's going to set clear expectations for the players. Hopefully they all get a chance to meet them.

5 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

I guarantee you they called, and he said he wasn't interested... No reason to make the offer.

Glass said Archie received the only offer. That does not equate to not having contact with coaches to gain their interest or for interviews. I was on the local school board when we hired our AD. We had contact with a lot of candidates. We only offered the job to one.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Glass said Archie received the only offer. That does not equate to not having contact with coaches to gain their interest or for interviews. I was on the local school board when we hired our AD. We had contact with a lot of candidates. We only offered the job to one.

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

Sounds like what happened here from the presser.

Impressed, I've heard he's really not a PC kind of coach but he just nailed that. It seemed to me that he's a lot more about the walk than the talk. He has a toughness and competitiveness about him that can only be developed by being an undersized PG.

He understands where he is, what he needs to do, and how to do it. He wants to prove that he can do it at Indiana and I believe he will.

8 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

Fred has to say that now. I guarantee he called Brad and was met with a swift rejection.

13 minutes ago, SteelerHoosier said:

He never said he didnt make the call. If you call and he says hes not interested then why waste your time going ahead and offering anyway?

12 minutes ago, ccgeneral said:

I call that a precision strike! We shouldn't have offer everyone and their brother. Especially if they were called and had NO interest. This is Indiana.

Exactly, and its about damn time we get back to that. 

Same thing with Billy possibly.. "I'll hear you out but I like where I am".... but then the internet took off after that and made up a whole production that never really happened. Given who was available, and hearing this presser, I'M ALL IN for Miller!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BtownBanners mobile app