Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

AZ Hoosier

Archie MIller Press Conference

3 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

If I were Miller, I'd just tell Blackmon to leave.  He's never made any effort to guard, and has no interest in it.  Same with Johnson.  Clean out the kids who don't fit what he wants to do....and play with effort kids until he gets who he wants.  

That would be a great way to start relationships with players.........

4 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

If I were Miller, I'd just tell Blackmon to leave.  He's never made any effort to guard, and has no interest in it.  Same with Johnson.  Clean out the kids who don't fit what he wants to do....and play with effort kids until he gets who he wants.  

That's a stretch and a half. Lets see how they first do being coached by someone who has actually played basketball.

5 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

Or Miller might think that he can be the coach that makes Blackman guard. Not saying it's the case but most coaches don't doubt themselves.

4 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Yeah... no. Let's see what effort they're willing to give with a coach that they actually believe they can win with first.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I've already seen (and all you need is film) what kind of effort they give.  Who the coach is has no bearing on it, and if they give effort for a new coach but didn't for the old; even more reason I'd want them gone.  I see this differently than you do.  Not trying to argue with you

3 minutes ago, realbig304 said:

That would be a great way to start relationships with players.........

I couldn't give a $hit about what the players think.  Most will be gone within 2-3 years, anyway.  Frank Martin kicked 3 kids off his team.  They're doing okay.  IU was far better a year ago without Blackmon.  Sometimes, you do what's best for your program; even if it means you don't have a kid who might be able to score a few points.   

8 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

I think the opposite will happen. 

He's going to tell him what a leader he can and WILL be, and when guys start seeing him turn up his defensive intensity by about 1000% think of what's going to happen in that locker room.

8 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

How so?

Any time the job is open you make a call to Boston and you OFFER him the job. Period. If/when he says no oh well. You tried. Not even making that call is ridiculous. You make the call and you make him say no. Now to be clear before I have people jump down my throat. I DO NOT HATE THIS HIRE. I am very much getting excited about it after the initial "meh" response I had. I just find it ridiculous that Fred didn't make an offer to a big time guy. Especially after his presser to start the process. 

1 minute ago, Dalton26 said:

I was very pleased. No BS no used car salesman lines, just straight forward about what he was planning on doing.

That's awesome. Sounds like a guy that didn't care about winning the press conference and is just ready to hit the ground running.