Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Hutch interview with Ted Kitchel

Kitchel sounds like just as big of a scumbag prick as Alford. Why on earth would anyone care about his worthless opinion anyways? He sounds about as salty as a sack of McDonalds fries. I am thrilled Glass didn't think like this clown and make a desperation hire of an ex-Hoosier just to appease some of these older IU fans who mistakenly think the only way we'll ever have success is to hire someone who's played here. Hearing these old scrooges constantly whining and complaining just makes me even happier we hired Miller. 

I am always grateful for what our former did while here. I don't think, however, that they should be determining the direction of the program. If a highly qualified coaching former player existed, then great, hire him. But none of them are close to Coach Miller.

16 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Glass shouldnt have said what he did in the presser about giving alums an interview. NONE we qualified. Archie is a good hire but Glass was very misleading with what he said.

Glass clearly did interview some players as Risley confirmed in the article. There is no way he could of interviewed everyone of them given the amount of former players that there are. He would literally of been working into next year before we hired a coach.

Kitchel just sounds mad he was not chosen as one of the players interviewed.

5 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Glass clearly did interview some players as Risley confirmed in the article. There is no way he could of interviewed everyone of them given the amount of former players that there are. He would literally of been working into next year before we hired a coach.

Kitchel just sounds mad he was not chosen as one of the players interviewed.

I bet Dakich feels the same way. I can only imagine he actually believed he stood a chance here in his delusional mind.

1 hour ago, Crimson and Cream said:

I bet Dakich feels the same way. I can only imagine he actually believed he stood a chance here in his delusional mind.

Wondering where you come up with this stuff?  (I guess you did say your imagination)  This has not been Dakich's mantra at all.  Never.  He has never once mentioned he would like to be consulted or have anything to do with the hiring process.  He does believe Indiana is a unique place and should have someone in the seat who understands; but Dakich and Kitchell are very different people with very different perspectives.  Dakich is as real as real gets.   There's a lot of vitriol toward him, and I just don't get it.  I doubt there's anyone on this board who cares about IU as much as he does.   He can be boorish and a blowhard; but that's what he's paid to do.  He has - by far - the highest rated sports show in Indy for a reason.  I am interested in his take on things, now that a decision has been made.

7 hours ago, iubb said:

And that is the reason why you shouldn't rely on former players for opinions..... I bet a bunch of former players are pissed that SA was not picked 

And I'd wager an equal number or more are happy he wasn't.  Just from all the comments on our board and others I've looked at, Alford would NEVER have united our fanbase.