Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

Just now, Walking Boot of Doom said:

What does sending a priest to counsel the girl on whether or not to press charges imply?

Only Alford knows for sure why he handled it the way that he did. If he were to be named our coach I would want him to discuss the situation at length, explain why he did what he did, express remorse, acknowledge his mistakes, etc. Glass knows about the incident so if he were to pick Alford I would expect that the two would have discussed what went on. Glass laid out his expectations for our next coach so I don't think he would bring in Alford if he was uncomfortable about the Pierce incident. 

Today's Coaching Hot Board (listed in order of probability) according to Peegs .. basically Chris Collins moved up and Donovan fell 3 spots ..... Why is Mike Woodson even on this list?????

1) Steve Alford
2) Tony Bennett
3) Chris Collins
4) Chris Mack
5) Archie Miller
6) Billy Donovan
7) Sean Miller
8) Bryce Drew
9) Chris Holtman
10) Dane Fife
11) Mike Woodson (WTF?)
12) Greg Marshall
13) Mike White

Woodsons 59.Probably just courtesy.

You're right. There's nothing that SA can really do to change the narrative at this point. My problem with it is that defending a rapist, belittling those that disagreed with him, and trying to intimidate the victim, are not examples of poor decision making that can be learned from. They are examples of narcissism. They are examples of a man with a hole in his soul.

Sounds like a current events session.

So simply based of knowing how Glass handled the Crean firing (so that it dominated the news around the BTT), let's say it IS Donovan and we will hear an announcement either Thursday or Friday during the tournament to kind of take the spotlight....is it still early enough for us to not know by now that something will happen tomorrow or Friday, or would we have definitely known by now if there was gonna be an announcement within the next day or two? 

1 minute ago, IUrocker said:

So simply based of knowing how Glass handled the Crean firing (so that it dominated the news around the BTT), let's say it IS Donovan and we will hear an announcement either Thursday or Friday during the tournament to kind of take the spotlight....is it still early enough for us to not know by now that something will happen tomorrow or Friday, or would we have definitely known by now if there was gonna be an announcement within the next day or two? 

Seemed like they chose to announce the Crean firing right at tip off to avoid the spot light.

21 minutes ago, normandale97 said:

Bruce Pearl would likely build a powerhouse at Indiana but he would never get the opportunity due to the Deon Thomas incident and the cookout at his house incident.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Yep. Dude won a national championship in Evansville.

5 minutes ago, Sknits nad said:

Seemed like they chose to announce the Crean firing right at tip off to avoid the spot light.

Right, I suppose that is probably the case...spotlight or not, I guess what I was really trying to get at was the actual timing of his announcement...things kind of got really quiet the day or two before the announcement, and then boom, there it was...I'm wondering if the same thing will happen with the coach announcement, because things seem to have gone pretty quiet like last time right before an event. So let's say the plan is to do that again, and announce it Thursday or Friday before the start of some sweet 16 games. Would we have known that was gonna happen by now considering it's only a day or two away, or is there still time and could be early still to have not heard anything about it? 

7 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

There is another flight coming in from Atlanta today. This one is a private jet service. So it is probably someone from the Parker Search Firm.

I'm not seeing anything. You might be looking at the wrong date and still looking at yesterday's plane.

Just now, Tom White said:

I think if we learn anything from all this, it is that the Monroe airport handles a lot more traffic than many of of imagined.

Not kidding you.

When I went to gather some intel on whether or not Crean's SUV was there I realized how huge the airport is. It was my first time driving by it and it is HUGE. 

3 minutes ago, Tom White said:

I think if we learn anything from all this, it is that the Monroe airport handles a lot more traffic than many of of imagined.

Definitely how the 1% gets around. lol 

Why fly into Indy when you can get to your final destination without all the BS of normal airports?