Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

34 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Oh shoot I missed my favorite part.

“Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with mod powers. Who's gonna do it? You? ... I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it.”

Anytime someone pulls a quote off the internet and cuts and pastes it in a large font, I always read it in a slightly louder voice in my head.

9 hours ago, Old Friend said:

You know as well as I do you're in part referring to me, and given what another guy said last month, I thought I'd make an appearance for no other reason than you two still seem obsessed.  You've always done exactly what you did here. (and if "stalker" is name calling, then yep.  It fits a couple guys, and I'll stand behind that as long as I need to)  It's cheap and it's a narrative....not reality.   THIS is why I left and only rarely post anymore.   Making some claim that I can't "take it" is laughable.  Who "took" more than me over the years?   I'll wait.   I did so because I knew damned good and well my first point below was accurate and the ease of narrative vs. truth is time tested.

1)  I'll give you a week.  A month.   As long as you want to find a single time when I insulted someone without being personally insulted first - and I don't always mean in a single post.  I mean given history.   I'll wait on THAT, too.  Same question re: condescending.  I'm condescending toward YOU simply in response to the way you always treated ME.   Something about not being able to take it??    When have I done that without it having been done to me, first?  You included and don't lie to everyone and give it the "who, ME?" BS.   You know better and so do I.  Stop it.  You're civil to me, I'm civil to you; and I promise there are only a handful of people where condescension has entered the fray.  I'll call a spade a spade.  You can either take it or you can't.

2)   My story on Archie was consistently that we needed to wait until he had his own players to judge him.  I never - as far as I know - claimed anything.  He's very obviously a good coach.  Is he the right coach?  I know I never claimed that.  And he's got about 3 weeks to make some changes because his team is awful to watch, and I know a whole lot of influential people, including one woman whose name is on the building where he coaches, have had enough.   I also know the support from administration has been sub-par, and all of the blame isn't on his shoulders.    That's for another thread.

3)  In response to your bunk mate a couple of weeks ago, who also claimed I said Tom Crean would be great at IU, that's another laughable narrative and a flat assed lie, just like my saying anything but the above re: Archie.   "I can teach a fat kid in flip flops to stand still."    "You can't win the conference and then finish 10th."  "Tom Crean can get kids to say yes, but he can't build a program."   Any of that sound familiar?  THAT's what I said, among myriad other things.  Since his first season when I watched his offense stand still; and for his entire tenure we could only score consistently in transition.

So I was right?  Good to know.  Look through your posts here.  95% of them contain insults directed at other posters.  Then you leave because you don't like having people call you out?  Yes, it seems like you can dish it but you can't take it.  You're no victim.  You're an instigator.

Where did all the posts go?

This **** cracks me up.  Why the **** do so many run from what they did/do?  If you do it own the **** up to it.

Throws **** at someone and gets **** thrown back at them.

Poster 1:  I didn't do, the other person did it.

Poster 2:  I didn't do it either, the other person did it.

WTF?!

It's a ******* message board.  There are great posters on these boards.  There are terrible posters on these boards.  For the most part, I believe most of the people on these boards are pretty good people.  There are probably some good people on here that post some absolutely atrocious **** that makes you question WTF they're thinking on the daily. 

At the end of the day, it's a ******* message board (where most of us) are rooting the team to success while some are trying to figure out if it's their ******* or a hole in the ground. 

If you post stoooopid, repetitive **** expect to get called out.

Signed,

What in the **** is all this white stuff falling from the sky?  Where is the ******* beach?

17 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

This **** cracks me up.  Why the **** do so many run from what they did/do?  If you do it own the **** up to it.

WTF?!

It's a ******* message board.  There are great posters on these boards.  There are terrible posters on these boards.  For the most part, I believe most of the people on these boards are pretty good people.  There are probably some good people on here that post some absolutely atrocious **** that makes you question WTF they're thinking on the daily. 

At the end of the day, it's a ******* message board (where most of us) are rooting the team to success while some are trying to figure out if it's their ******* or a hole in the ground. 

Signed,

What in the **** is all this white stuff falling from the sky?  Where is the ******* beach?

I hate the snow and the sand sooo... I need somewhere that has neither ideally. But for now, I'll take the snow over the sand. 

3 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

WTF?!

Signed,

Mods must have removed them

36 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Those no good for nothing ....

probably for the best.  We still love you mods, even if you stink and look like you fell from the top branch of the ugly tree.

look like they was beaten by the whole forest, actually.

signed,

White Stuff falling from the sky, RULES!

15 minutes ago, Josh said:

Without sounding too suck uppy, I think the mods here do a fantastic job.  We've had aggressive mods before (here and other boards) and that never goes well.  You guys certainly earn your pay.

Feel free to suck up at will.