Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

I'm getting excited guys.

Archie knows BB. Really hoping we can retain most of our team.

I bet we see better team defense and smarter play day1.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Welcome! Better late than never!

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

I liked that video! I keep hearing Archie is a great X and Os coach and better than his brother. It sounds good and all but what are the facts that back this up? Also I am glad Calipari thinks he is a great hire but knowing that he is family, I wouldn't expect him to say anything less. I am causiously optimistic here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

I really hope bryant and morgan and jbj return to see if archie can improve each one individualy and make them better as a team also

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

4 straight NCAA tournaments with a program that only had 4 in the 21 yrs before he took over

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, recker222000 said:

Yes it is. The only people not happy are the ones who were delusional about donovan coming.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I honestly thought there was a good chance for Donovan. But like I've consistently said, if it somehow wasn't Donovan, I wanted Archie. The more I think about it, the more sense it makes to have Archie than Donovan. Yes Donovan has won championships. But Archie has time on his side. Time that would've resulted in him going somewhere else and kicking @$$. IU is gonna be really glad to have him

Have no idea if a joke or what the reasons would be, but some reporter tweeted that Crean was at a 76ers practice today haha

Have no idea if a joke or what the reasons would be, but some reporter tweeted that Crean was at a 76ers practice today haha

Makes sense basketball people try and stay connected to the game they love and make a living in. Through coaching I'm sure coaches make friends that will last longer then after they are done coaching. When rice was fired from unlv crean invited him down for a couple of days just so he was still around the game. After knight was fired Cuban invited him to the mavericks practices

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Still giddy beyond belief.

I share your feelings lol. I keep thinking of how different were gonna look. Which guys that werent impact guys for us is he gonna turn into ones. I feel like a young coach with IU by his name is gonna grab recruits everywhere. I hope he doesnt obsess over Indiana kids though. I have thought that would be the biggest hurdle he faced early until he has time to prove he can win with his guys. Yes he needs to go after the big in state kids and a few extra guys in state but he doesnt need to base his whole recruitment as Indiana. Work his Ohio pipeline. Reach out west more. He has connections from when he was an assistant at Zona and his brother still being there. Try to get Virginia back. BTW idc if most these guys are Creans we saw what Crean was able to do. We have a floor and a ceiling and the B1G title team is still missing Yogi so. Whatever he does the next cpl years I wont use the Creans guys excuse. Bas or good. These guys werent that good under Crean so if he turns them around then he deserves full credit. His 18 class is gonna be huge tho. Cant wait to see what this guy does here. Anyone thinking he wont succeed give him 4-6 years before running him off. If he hasnt shown he can get us to elite status again by then I will be one of the first to say goodbye. I dont think I will have to tho.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

11 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

OT but how good is the BtownBanners app?

It's life changing. I can view a specific page, take a 3 hour break and the app will go right back to the post/page I was last viewing. 

It's very useful.

I've warmed up a bit more, but still very much wait and see.  At the end of the day I think he's better than Crean, granted that's a low standard.

I saw the Dayton/WSU game and his team looked to be disciplined and fundamental on the offensive and defensive ends.  I could've watched that game again, granted part of that is because I like Marshall a lot.  Crean seemed to try and invent new ways to turn the ball over.

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

I've warmed up a bit more, but still very much wait and see.  At the end of the day I think he's better than Crean, granted that's a low standard.

I saw the Dayton/WSU game and his team looked to be disciplined and fundamental on the offensive and defensive ends.  I could've watched that game again, granted part of that is because I like Marshall a lot.  Crean seemed to try and invent new ways to turn the ball over.

It will be a nice change, I'm still cautiously optimistic.