Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

I wouldn't get caught up in the length of the contract. Fred explained it in his presser when he fired Crean. They don't have to pay out the remaining year's if the coach lands another job. The value of the contract is offset by their new contract dollar for dollar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BtownBanners mobile app

$4.1 million a year means we're going to have plenty of money left over for recruiting. I'm excited to see what our current players decide to do and who we can add late in the cycle. Hopefully Archie gets on the phone with Justin Smith and gets him to stick with us. I think this move helps convince TB to stick around as well. I was hard on him last year but I think Archie would have him glued to the block like he needs to be. His draft stock would get much higher imo. 

Dude, you're just so far off base with this whole years of the contract deal. No coach can come in and recruit on a three year contract. He'd be set up to fail from the start. 

I really do understand guys. I'm just frustrated this could end up being another disaster

PULL THE TRIGGER!!!!

Much like many of you, CAM was my first choice on Tier 2, after Stevens/Donovan.

Wanted NOTHING to do with Alford or Marshall, so, IMO this was a "get" for Glass and Hoosier Nation.  CAM is going to bring the energy and enthusiasm that CTC brought, but he'll also bring solid recruiting experience AND (from what I've seen) the in-game coaching intangibles that we have been a bit short on for a while.  His teams get after it on the defensive side of the ball as well, so I think a few current players better stay in shape this off-season.

Good thing we kept Tom Crean for so long. If timing was the reason we didn't get Donovan, then Glass blew it two years ago when he chose to keep a proven failure that's not wanted by any high major program now.

I'm intrigued by Miller, but not overly excited. I want to be big-time. It pisses me off how the national media repeatedly scoffed at us for even thinking we could get an NBA coach. Miller may make us elite, but it's far less of a sure thing.

3 minutes ago, Maynard said:

Comparison between Archie and Crean since 2011 (Archie's first year at Dayton).

I'll just leave it right here...

Archie v Crean.png

Frankly, that's not an overwhelming difference...

But if Archie can teach IU basketball players to set a screen, block out on the boards, run an inbounds play without turning the ball over, play something other than 'matador defense' and cut turnovers, I'll be willing to give him a chance...

Just now, rebelhoosier848891 said:

Sorry--posted this wrong above. What do we know about this guy? And-how do we pronounce this name? Nickname?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Looks a LOT like Jeremiah April, Tijan Jobe and Guy Marc Michel