Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on this hire. I will say, don't take it out on the admin or the new coach. Take it out on those attention whores over at 247 and on Twitter. They were the ones who sold us on the Donovan bs. Archie is a fantastic young coach and a tremendous recruiter.

Yep and I warned everyone a thousand times that they didn't know a damn thing over there and some people didn't want to listen. All they wanted to do was drive their views up and it worked. Caught a few posters on here hook, line, and sinker.

1 minute ago, recker222000 said:

Did dayton play good defense? That could be a problem for jbj.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Beginning of Miller's time at Dayton they were much better offensively, last three years they have been just as good, if not better defensively. 

3 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

I wasn't really old enough to be on boards when we hired Crean. What was the general feeling when we hired him?

I feel ya man. I was in 7th grade when Crean was hired. My dad does the boards and if I remember, a lot of people were dumbfounded

This hire most likely means very good things for recruiting and the grad transfer scene. I'm not sure player retention is as important as everyone is making it seem. Some of these guys had very bad years and played awful against inferior talent. Try to keep Juwan obviously and one of Green or Jones but if anyone else wants to take a hike, let them. 

And none of them could do half the stuff that JBJ was doing offensively. Green I could see an argument, but everyone else on the bench, there shouldn't even be a conversation. 

He gave up more on D than he gave us on O. You don't win many games like that. We started 3 guards. We had more options.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app