Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

Interesting hire and here they said they wanted someone with Indiana ties.

It truly looks like IU wanted Alford, and when he said no (last night), Glass picked Archie. I don't think that was really what happened, but it's going to be the perception.

Looks VERY weak to me.

3 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

That is subjective at best. There are many, many College coaches that have accomplished much more then Archie. Were they available/interested? No idea, but declaring him the best college coach available just isn't accurate.

Having said that, I do hope he succeeds spectacularly. I'm not excited- but hey it's not Alford, so that's a win.

Funny to call people out for being subjective while making subjective statements.

Edited by HoosierX

I'm torn between giving him a chance and pulling my hair out. I really had my hopes up for Donovan. Archie had been talked about but never was a reality for me. He's not the worst but imo certainly not the best. I just hope we didn't rush into this decision. Most especially I hope that we didn't miss out on Billy and end up seeing him on the sidelines at UofL. I guess we just have to hope for the best.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

I'll support coach Miller but this confirms our place among "everyone else" in college basketball. Blue bloods don't make hires like this. Kentucky, duke, UNC would not take a chance on someone like this. I hope he succeeds and succeeds at a high level but this is a bit deflating

Didn't UK hire billy Gillespie??

4 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

Dayton fans are not happy.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Always good to see, especially when Marquette fans weren't  too broken up about Crean leaving when he did. Though other than Alford all the coaches we were speculating about it seemed like their fans would have been mad about their coach leaving

I'll support coach Miller but this confirms our place among "everyone else" in college basketball. Blue bloods don't make hires like this. Kentucky, duke, UNC would not take a chance on someone like this. I hope he succeeds and succeeds at a high level but this is a bit deflating

I do not agree with this. We are hiring a rising star coach who is talented and young. Every coach is a risk but he is are best chance we have hired since knight imo.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

UNC - Bill Guthridge Matt Doherty
UCLA- name them currently have one
Kentucky- tubby and dude before cal
Duke- hasn't been open in 3 decades can't compare