Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

If Donovan's name is intentionally being used as a smokescreen for anyone other than Brad Stevens, then we need to seriously re-think how smart the IU administration is.  That would be fork in an electrical socket stupid.
If they went with it out of convenience it's not as stupid, but wouldn't endear themselves to the fan base.

Don't think Donovan would be used for any smokescreen. I think Donovan should still be in play unless Pitino got in his ear.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BtownBanners mobile app

For those suggesting a mid-major coach, there's really only 1 question glass needs to consider. Is he willing to allow the basketball program to be the guinea pig for a coach from a mid-major college? Because that's what it would be, nobody knows what a coach from somewhere like a Dayton is going to do with a program who plays big boy teams every year

You mean like Knight when he came from Army, right? Or, Beilein when he left Richmond, or Donovan when he left Marshall? How about Bill Self when he left Tulsa? I could go on and on with "successful" coaches, who were named to big programs having no big program experience. None of these guys were big name coaches before taking over big programs.

Hell, let's throw Coach K into this discussion too.

I'm seeing some faulty logic with your argument here.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, hoosierfan84 said:

You mean like Knight when he came from Army, right? Or, Beilein when he left Richmond, or Donovan when he left Marshall? How about Bill Self when he left Tulsa? I could go on and on with "successful" coaches, who were named to big programs having no big program experience. None of these guys were big name coaches before taking over big programs.

Hell, let's throw Coach K into this discussion too. emoji849.png

I'm seeing some faulty logic with your argument here.

Times have changed national perception matters more now for recruiting. We have already had 3 bad hires we have to get it right this time. 

And duke was not a power before Coach K different scenario. 

7 minutes ago, Napleshoosier said:

If Billy and Fred were going to meet with each other one would think it wouldn't be in OKC or Bloomington. Maybe some place like Houston where nobody gives a crap! Or Denver.

Or maybe the tarmac at Oolitic International Airport.

I'm afraid this coaching situation will end up being pretty lame.

Look if its not Donovan, the 2nd tier coaches on all of our lists are better than what we had. With our resources we will still have the prognosis of being a better team and program with the opportunities to go on deeper tourney runs.

Look if its not Donovan, the 2nd tier coaches on all of our lists are better than what we had. With our resources we will still have the prognosis of being a better team and program with the opportunities to go on deeper tourney runs.

That's my biggest worry is that everyone will compare our new coach to Donovan. You can't do that because Donovan was never our coach. Comparing them to Crean is what should be done.