Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

49 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

People did the same with Holtmann a few hours ago. The same with Bennett a few days ago. What happens to Chris Mack if X loses tomorrow? I'm just pointing out the trend on the board here.

The problem with the NCAA tournament is that you have the best 68 teams in the nation playing 67 games... and EVERYONE goes home a loser except one team.

If you're going to base your decision for a new coach on one game, the odds are incredibly high that that game will be their final loss. In that case, you have to judge the team/coach/performance on who they played, how they played and what their overall standing was going into the game/tournament. Any other evaluation will, by definition and design, be suspect.

I posted this earlier.  I like to try to quantify things with statistical analysis.  These are the rankings of coaches over the last 7 years.  I used SOS, win%, Pt Differential, and then added a tournament accomplishment component, double weighting tourney results.  I tried to make it out of 100, and when I ran the 1976 perfect season through the metric it scored a 100.28.  What the hell else am I going to do while I am waiting for more information on the coaching search?

coach comparison.png

I posted this earlier.  I like to try to quantify things with statistical analysis.  These are the rankings of coaches over the last 7 years.  I used SOS, win%, Pt Differential, and then added a tournament accomplishment component, double weighting tourney results.  I tried to make it out of 100, and when I ran the 1976 perfect season through the metric it scored a 100.28.  What the hell else am I going to do while I am waiting for more information on the coaching search?

58d604a2abbed_coachcomparison.png.31c3a3eb27db9151f2b828e2aa4307ed.png

Give me Bennett dammit !

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

this whole thing is all starting to become laughable, i dont think anyone know whats really going on. and i dont think billy donovan was in bloomington. if he came to bloomington then had to rush around to get back for practice today then its a done deal. he wouldnt have went through all that trouble just to say no.

16 minutes ago, cljones1979 said:

i honestly dont think anything is going to be said tomorrow about who our new coach is

Because of who started the rumor, I fully expect to hear something. The same guy said Crean would be fired before 5 pm the day before, when everyone else was saying Crean was staying. 

this whole thing is all starting to become laughable, i dont think anyone know whats really going on. and i dont think billy donovan was in bloomington. if he came to bloomington then had to rush around to get back for practice today then its a done deal. he wouldnt have went through all that trouble just to say no.

Believe! Become a 247 truther!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I remember a few years back, hearing Tim Kurkjian (ESPN baseball guy) talk about how he once got burned by an anonymous source. He said that after that, his rule was this: I will grant you anonymity, but if you're wrong, I will reveal that you were the source of my reporting. ... I definitely wouldn't consider ESPN the bastion for good, ethical, accurate reporting, but in this case, I think Kurkjian has it right. ... I did not see one credible, legitimate source saying Donovan had been in Bloomington. That's why I wasn't buying into it. Once the Thunder beat writer and Andy Katz (though I am not a big fan of his) refuted it, I had a pretty good inkling it was false. 

Funny how in less than 2-3 hours, we went from having Billy Donovan in the bag, to being a team nobody wants to coach! Just saw an interview with ESPN's Jeff Goodman in which he said he believes Alford when he says he's not coming to B-town. When asked about candidates, he said there's a faction at IU that wants MIke Woodson. I guess that could be accurate. I'm guessing Woodson and his family and maybe some IU players from his era would want that, so I suppose that is a "faction." But I'm not sure anybody wants that. And now, it's being made to look as if Alford is spurning IU when as far as I know, a huge portion of the fan base had serious reservations about him -- and we're not sure if Glass even considered him a candidate in the first place. Goodman also said Archie Miller and Chris Mack might be in the mix, but he's not sure they would take the job. He sure did a good job of making us look bad.