Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

So yeah since it is indeed Todd's twitter page, maybe there doesn't necessarily need to be photo evidence as far as Donovan being out in public. It could very well be a matter of someone who is in the know is aware of Billy and his wife being in town, and that person told Todd. Like someone else has stated, just because Billy and his wife are in town doesn't mean he is out in public walking the streets, or heck, eating wings at Buffalouie's...

Jadlow probably has 10 missed calls at the moment regardless. I am very surprised he is the one that actually tweeted it but it gives me a lot more confidence of being true than these other guys. Jadlow isnt gonna troll the situation he knows it is gonna draw attention regardless so I believe he only post it if that is what he is hearing. More likely there is a private meeting and he got word and made it out like his wife is signing up for tanning sessions to help his source a little. Also even if not announced today doesnt mean the rumor is false. This is the first chance Billy has really had to come talk. I dont think it is announced today regardless. Who knows though.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

Would the first announcement of Donovan being the coach and a formal introduction press conference with him being present go hand in hand, or could they announce him as coach and then he get formally introduced at a later time? 

29 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Gottlieb can shove it. To me anyone who says something is a done deal (I'm fine with speculation or rumors) that does not happen should face a major fine if they turn out wrong. We can fine Dakich as well since he reported done deal on Alford which is probably where he got it from. As I shared last night much more credible people believe Alford is not happening and I will go with that.  

And I don't believe Jadlow either yet. He may be reporting what someone told him they saw but want more confirmation.

Its amazing how both Alford and Donovan are done deals at the same time. Co-Coaches is unprecedented but I guess lets try it. LOL

I like your idea but ummmm...if they won't pay the fine how and who are we going to use to enforce it?

7 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Why couldn't he want to see facilities? I agree probably isn't real

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

He could- on his way to the presser. He's not going to interview in Bloomington. Indianapolis? Atlanta? OKC? Sure. If he comes to Bloomington, it's because he's taking the job. 

3 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Agreed... up to the "should Indiana abandon the candy stripes" crap...

yeah, what dakich tweets and what he says are totally different if you hear his tone and delivery.

He absolutely wants Alford, but he has said multiple times that Donvan would be a great hire.

He also named about 5 names and said they all become better coaches immediately if they are hired by IU.

2 minutes ago, Uwe Robb said:

yeah, what dakich tweets and what he says are totally different if you hear his tone and delivery.

He absolutely wants Alford, but he has said multiple times that Donvan would be a great hire.

He also named about 5 names and said they all become better coaches immediately if they are hired by IU.

Indiana doesn't need a coach who becomes a better coach immediately after IU hires them... IU needs a great coach. Period.

Anyone else find it funny that every time there is an "Alford to IU is a done deal" rumor there is immediately a "Billy Donovan to IU is a done deal" rumor? Either, Alford is the guy and IU doesn't want the word to officially get out yet so they leak fake Billy D rumors or Alford's camp is spreading rumors and then some top people leak anti-Alford to calm the people down. Basically, I have no idea who we are going to hire but I want it to end now.

3 minutes ago, Uwe Robb said:

He also said he offered up his services to be a middle man between IU and BD because they are pretty good friends. He said he had a missed call from Fred Glass yesterday and wondered if that is what it concerned.

Call him back Dakich!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) He is probably full of ****

2) If he did call him he was probably telling him to keep spreading that Alford myth lol

Just now, 513HoosierJS said:

Anyone else find it funny that every time there is an "Alford to IU is a done deal" rumor there is immediately a "Billy Donovan to IU is a done deal" rumor? Either, Alford is the guy and IU doesn't want the word to officially get out yet so they leak fake Billy D rumors or Alford's camp is spreading rumors and then some top people leak anti-Alford to calm the people down. Basically, I have no idea who we are going to hire but I want it to end now.

Using Billy D as the smokescreen is the dumbest thing you could do lol

Just now, Uwe Robb said:

I think he was referring to the facilities and recruiting ground.

Understood... but I reject the premise of the statement...

And if it's the facilities and recruiting ground, why wouldn't it make ALL coaches better? Why only "about 5"?

Just now, SteelerHoosier said:

Using Billy D as the smokescreen is the dumbest thing you could do lol

Agree. Instead of using a coach that everyone wants a smoke screen, use more of a controversial / less wanted pick.

Just now, SteelerHoosier said:

1) He is probably full of ****

2) If he did call him he was probably telling him to keep spreading that Alford myth lol

It made me wonder what he is actually telling FG? If he is that good of friends with BD wouldn't he be trying to get him hired?

I think he has took a hard stance on Alford because he knows it will get him twitter hits and mentions.

I want to know what he really thinks (gun to his head) because I honestly do think he still cares about the program, and if he does he would be making calls to BD without Glass' say so.

1 hour ago, Bowhunter said:

They could have said Donovan was a lock to come to IU and I would still think they were idiots. That was tough to listen to, but maybe I'm jaded because of the good job they do over at Assembly Call.