Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

Welcome Coach Miller

Who do we believe is on the realistic list of candidates right now? Do most believe Marshall, A. Miller, Bennett, etc. are out of the running since it's been a week since they were ousted? Or they are just fallbacks if the guys we want don't work out

There just isn't going to be a hire until they have a chance to talk to Alford. Even if they don't ultimately hire him, he's getting an interview. I'm surprised that people still don't get this.

As for realistic, I'd say Bennett, Miller, Collins, and Mack. Who the hell really knows, though?

I truly believe they are taking their time and not rushinh nothing. Donovan will be indianas next head coach if he wants the job cause i think we will try to make a offer. Nobody is probably out of the running do to time passing because if your main target is donovan you wouldn't make a deal with archie or marshal because they are available imo. I think this will take a while

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Honestly if we don't have a new coach by tomorrow night, I'd assume Bennett, Miller, Marshall and Fife are eliminated. I know I said Tuesday at the latest but there's no reason Glass would have his mind made up between them by now right?

Our future coach is still in season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Rookie33 said:

FWIW, Milehi (247) just posted that Billy D may be getting cold feet (ala the Orlando job) and that Alford is a backup plan. Sigh....

I trust a name with a face like Clavio much more than an anonymous source on a message board thank you.

Honestly if we don't have a new coach by tomorrow night, I'd assume Bennett, Miller, Marshall and Fife are eliminated. I know I said Tuesday at the latest but there's no reason Glass would have his mind made up between them by now right?

Our future coach is still in season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Here's the thing with your thinking and everyone else's. Glass will not name a coach until he can at least interview and do his due diligence with Alford. I'm not saying he wants him by any means but he has to appease certain boosters and trustees and until Alford is done coaching in the tournament we won't get an announcement. And even then it could be someone still left in the tourney. I'm not sure why everyone is getting so bent out of shape. We have plenty of time to name a coach.

3 minutes ago, Rookie33 said:

FWIW, Milehi (247) just posted that Billy D may be getting cold feet (ala the Orlando job) and that Alford is a backup plan. Sigh....

A backup plan or "the" backup plan? Didn't he say a few days ago that Alford isn't even in the running? These guys don't have a clue

4 minutes ago, Rookie33 said:

In Clavio we trust...

I do trust the guy. I don't know him well but I have met him and he's a good honest guy. He's certainly the most credible thing I've seen in terms of an update so far given his connections and much more than these anonymous posters

2 minutes ago, Aaron said:

I do trust the guy. I don't know him well but I have met him and he's a good honest guy. He's certainly the most credible thing I've seen in terms of an update so far and much more than these anonymous posters

Clearly late to the party here but who is Clavio and what has he been saying?

1 minute ago, mdiu28 said:

Clearly late to the party here but who is Clavio and what has he been saying?

See my post on last page. In my mind a major update and best thing we have gotten so far in terms of real news.